The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm just finishing 1st year at the Moment, Feel free to ask me anything if you have any questions
Reply 2
danielj315
I'm just finishing 1st year at the Moment, Feel free to ask me anything if you have any questions

Hey so whats the course like? Are there any books i could read beforehand to help with the course?
Reply 3
Both first year courses are in Comparative politics; 1st term is US/Russia and the 2nd is UK/Germany

It's not particularly theoretical at all, mainly focuses on the political institutions if you did Higher Modern Studies you'll know a lot of the UK and US stuff.

The Books or the US/Russia course are changing for next year, so I cant really help there but generally reading the news will help you a lot with the US politics.

I'd definitely recommend taking the course: Introduction to International Relations,

The lecturers seem much better in the IR department (Technically its the same department but at the moment the lR lecturers are consistently better.)
Reply 4
Hi,
Thanks for that, I had thought about taking IR but thought politics would suit me better but thanks for the course recommendation. Is there anything else you think i should know?

Latest

Trending

Trending