The Student Room Group
A scribe is indeed someone who writes for you.

Does it suggest a scribe for your exams or for lectures or for both. Scribes for lectures are usually called note takers, and they tend to go to the lecture but you don't necessarily have to sit anywhere near them.

You don't have to have what they recommend, if it appears that something else might work better for you then you can arrange that with your uni instead. Rest time or using a computer could be other options.
When I had my assessment I was offered one and I said no. Reason being I felt that having a scribe would make me feel less like a student, but also I wouldn't concentrate or pay attention in the lectures. And from experience there use to be one in my first year, however she was very annoying constantly stopping the lecturer every 5mins to ask questions, which sometimes resulted in the lecturer unable to finish the 2hr lectures.

My advice: if you really really have to have one, then go for it, however if you don't and you find another method that is just as good - then go for that.

Good Luck.
Reply 3
Thanks peeps

The college are now sorting my needs assesment, by the sounds of it they are gonna attached a laptop to my hands.

Latest

Trending

Trending