The Student Room Group

Physician Associate (PA) Chester University interview

Does anyone know if Chester has an MMI or panel type interview for Physician Associate postgrad? I've searched everywhere and I can't find any information on it. Some advice on which kind of questions come up would also be great!

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone starting PA course at University of Chester January 2023 😊?
Original post by Wowowow16
Does anyone know if Chester has an MMI or panel type interview for Physician Associate postgrad? I've searched everywhere and I can't find any information on it. Some advice on which kind of questions come up would also be great!

Thank you!

Hello @Wowowow16

I've spoken to the Chester Medical School who have said that they currently use a modified MMI via Teams. The interviewee is given MMI type scenarios but these stations are presented by one member of the Physician Associate team (panel of two members of the School one lead and one scribe) instead of the interviewee moving between stations.

I hope this helps!

Alex
(edited 1 year ago)
How was your interview? What topics were u required to know

Original post by Sburj
Anyone starting PA course at University of Chester January 2023 😊?
Original post by University of Chester
Hello @Wowowow16

I've spoken to the Chester Medical School who have said that they currently use a modified MMI via Teams. The interviewee is given MMI type scenarios but these stations are presented by one member of the Physician Associate team (panel of two members of the School one lead and one scribe) instead of the interviewee moving between stations.

I hope this helps!

Alex

Hi alex Ivw applied for the next academic entry year via ucas, do you happen to know when about they send interviews out. It's March tomorrow
Original post by Momo1998
Hi alex Ivw applied for the next academic entry year via ucas, do you happen to know when about they send interviews out. It's March tomorrow

Hi @Momo1998

We have sent you a private message requesting some further information so that we can look into this for you.

Best wishes,
Becky
ive got an interview soon what about yourself .
Original post by Bmohamed22
ive got an interview soon what about yourself .

No.. they keep saying my application is with the team and they'll let me know
Reply 8
Has anyone already had an interview?
No I got an interview for April
Original post by Momo1998
No I got an interview for April

Oh that’s great! Good luck :smile:
Original post by mia.x24
Has anyone already had an interview?

Yes! Got an offer in 24 hrs :smile:
Reply 12
likewise, i got an offer in march a couple hours after my interview. just wondering how many of you guys are going to go chester. ive been contemplating my choices for the last month and im still none the wiser.
Original post by LiQK
likewise, i got an offer in march a couple hours after my interview. just wondering how many of you guys are going to go chester. ive been contemplating my choices for the last month and im still none the wiser.

Hi @LiQK

Congratulations on your offer! Let us know if you have any questions about the University of Chester which may help you to make a decision - we know it can be a daunting time!

Best wishes,
Becky
Original post by University of Chester
Hi @LiQK

Congratulations on your offer! Let us know if you have any questions about the University of Chester which may help you to make a decision - we know it can be a daunting time!

Best wishes,
Becky

Hi @University of Chester

I applied fairly late (April) to the Physician Associate Studies at Chester.
I've seen that people have been accepted/had interviews and I'm wondering when I'll hear back on UCAS either way, as I haven't heard anything after I submitted my application.
Thank you!
Original post by IzzyKenny17
Hi @University of Chester

I applied fairly late (April) to the Physician Associate Studies at Chester.
I've seen that people have been accepted/had interviews and I'm wondering when I'll hear back on UCAS either way, as I haven't heard anything after I submitted my application.
Thank you!

Hi @IzzyKenny17

It's great to hear that you have applied for the Physician Associate course! We have sent you a private message requesting some further information so that we can provide you with an update on your application.

Best wishes,
Becky
Hi,
Congrats on your offer! I don't suppose they told you how many people are accepted onto the course?
Original post by LiQK
Reply 17
Hi,
Congrats on your offer! I don't suppose they told you how many people are accepted onto the course?

Chester is my insurance choice xx but tbh I couldn't decide it was so hard so I might end up going anyway
Reply 18
Hi,

i tried asking a tsr chester uni helper but they said they don't disclose that info. in my interview they told me over 300 or 400 people applied for 30 places last year if i can remember correctly, but they said they didn't know this years numbers on the top of their head
Reply 19
Original post by LiQK
i tried asking a tsr chester uni helper but they said they don't disclose that info. in my interview they told me over 300 or 400 people applied for 30 places last year if i can remember correctly, but they said they didn't know this years numbers on the top of their head

It was roughly around that number. If they haven't replied to you by now maybe you're on the waitlist

Quick Reply

Latest