The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Where to you want to live in the future?
Reply 2
totally open....will live in india, europe or US
Admission into Indian unis, especially for course like dent, will be insanely competitive. Plus as someone from a developed Euro economy, India will seem like a hell with poverty, poor infrastructure and clumsy and dirty places.
Don't even bother.

Entry to Dentistry is very, very, VERY competitive. Far beyond the level of competition in England. People don't strive for A grades, they strive for 100% in everything.
Students in India are generally at a level far beyond their English contemporaries. They just work insanely hard if they're serious about getting into professional courses like Medicine, Dentistry, Engineering, etc.
I've experienced both education systems, and I feel this is fair to say.
lol
brightxburns
Don't even bother.

Entry to Dentistry is very, very, VERY competitive. Far beyond the level of competition in England. People don't strive for A grades, they strive for 100% in everything.
Students in India are generally at a level far beyond their English contemporaries. They just work insanely hard if they're serious about getting into professional courses like Medicine, Dentistry, Engineering, etc.
I've experienced both education systems, and I feel this is fair to say.

Spot on. Exactly this.
Reply 7
Admissions will be competitive
It's probably not worth it since UK/US universities will be much easier to get into, but if you're willing to put in the work then it's not anywhere near as impossible as poster's before me have portrayed it to be.

I didn't study THAT much while I used to live in India, and i did fine (Even though I'd only rate my intelligence as average). Having said that, a friend of my sister's was going for dentistry in a university in the west parts of India. She used to leave house at 7 in the morning to go to school, and used to come home at 9 from tuition etc, all of the time in between spent in study/travel. She got into Dentistry on her 2nd year of application. If you're willing to put in the work it's no where near as hard as people are making it seem.
Reply 8
Thanks for your help folks. Incidently, I've been to India before and the poverty/lifestyle doesn't offend me. I think it's full of wonderful people and places. Thanks again:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending