The Student Room Group

Graduate entry dentistry

I know that post graduate dentistry is really competitive but I want to study pharmacy and unsure of whether it would be a good idea to do my undergraduate in pharmacy then do a dental degree afterwards?
I am slightly unsure of doing dentistry that's why I'd prefer to study pharmacy first...
Reply 1
It isnt just that its 'competitive' - just remember that Grad Entry Dentistry is still an undergrad degree, and that you will not get Student Finance if you already have a 4-year MPharm degree.

If you want to do Dentistry, do Dentistry, not Pharmacy.
And if you are not sure, then plan a gap year (or several) and get some relevant experience in each work area - then decide what you want to do.
Reply 2
has anyone heard from kings graduate entry BDS course?
Hi there, moved your thread over to the Dentistry forum.

As you say, it's ultra competitive and as McGinger points out, it's got a pretty significant financial implication if you do a regular dentistry degree. You are eligible for some funding if you do a graduate/accelerated programme but this funding doesn't cover all the fees anyway and there are only three universities that have these programmes so go figure just how much more competitive those will be.

If you want to be a dentist, do dentistry. Don't take the long way around by doing another degree first. It makes very little sense.

Quick Reply

Latest