The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Student prostitution to pay for bills

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Disco_Infern0
So does anyone know someone who has done this? Women specifically? Who have resorted to these methods because they are in debt so much?

I've paid female fellow students for sexual intercourse on occasion. I don't know what their motivations were for working as prostitutes.
Reply 41
dash1729
I've paid female fellow students for sexual intercourse on occasion. I don't know what their motivations were for working as prostitutes.

Did you feel any guilt for doing it? Did it intrigue you at all as to why she might have been doing it?
Reply 42
Disco_Infern0
Did you feel any guilt for doing it?

Do you think he should have?
Reply 43
L i b
Do you think he should have?

Well I would have at least thought about why she might have had to do it.
Then again I doubt he thought about it too much, as the main agenda on the cards was sex.
Reply 44
Disco_Infern0
Did you feel any guilt for doing it? Did it intrigue you at all as to why she might have been doing it?

No definitely didn't feel guilty about it at all because I see it as simply a business transaction and nothing more. This doesn't mean I view ALL sex as simply a business transaction but clearly in this kind of situation where it is a simple exchange of money for sex it is just a transaction. Yes I was curious about why she was doing it--I think there can be different reasons but for students I think the reasons are usually positive. It is used to make money and even if it is not strictly speaking absolutely required in order to go to school, it may still allow some women to graduate with a lot less debt. It seems to have a much more positive vibe about it when done by students who are doing something constructive with the money earned as opposed to drug addicted women on the street who may be enslaved to pimps, etc.
Reply 45
Disco_Infern0
Well I would have at least thought about why she might have had to do it.
Then again I doubt he thought about it too much, as the main agenda on the cards was sex.

You are assuming that she "had to do it". I don't think that when female students engage in sex for money it is always something that she "has to do"--although it might be for women who are victims of human trafficking and are imprisoned with no legal status in the country where they are forced to work. For students it might be a choice between selling your body and making good money versus not prostituting oneself physically but being in debt for 10 years after graduation.
Reply 46
The main problem I think, would be if you ever made it, which I reckon a lot of people on this site are hoping for, that kind of stuff would come back to bite you on the arse.
Reply 47
*Ally*
that kind of stuff would come back to bite you on the arse.

How so?
STD's or reputation?
Or another way?
Reply 48
Disco_Infern0
How so?
STD's or reputation?
Or another way?

I was thinking reputation tbh. if that got out, it wouldn't exactly aid many careers lol

Latest

Trending

Trending