The Student Room Group

uni dilemma :(

Hey,

Well i have an offer from Southampton to study English and History (AAB) and i was really happy with it up until recently. I have done better in my coursework results and in my modules than i expected and now it's quite likely i'll get 3 A's. Looking back on it now i've realised i could have applied to uni's that are maybe better than Southampton (although Southampton is obviously good) and i am kinda regretting it now. Although the only other uni's i probably would have applied for would have been Leeds or Nottingham.

I'm not sure whether to take a gap year and reapply even though i do like the course at Southampton?! I don't especially want to do a gap year though so i guess that's a bit stupid just to go to a uni that has a slightly better reputation.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if a English graduate from Southampton would have good job prospects? And whether uni's like Leeds and Nottingham have a much better reputation? And maybe are more fun cause there is a bigger mix of people from all over the country? I know so many people from my area going to Soton.

Arghhh i think i'm just being stupid and indecisive but it's such a big decision to make! Any help would be great! :smile:
Reply 1
It's definitely a big decision to make.

If you know you can do better, and know that you don't want to spend three whole years at Southampton thinking "I could have done better than this", then go on a gap year. Considering you're on target to get AAA, who knows, you could even give the likes of Oxbridge a shot when you reapply- with those grades it's almost certain you'll go a better uni than Southampton after reapplying.

Best of luck either way! x
Reply 2
Thanks :smile: i think i'm just gonna have to wait til i get my results!

Latest

Trending

Trending