The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

Fair dos. You always get the odd few track or tracks that aren't up to the same standard as the rest and from time to time they're released as a single. Personally I just feel, as I've said before, a lot is expected and it was always going to be hard for the boys to impress.
Listening to it, it's only that part near the beginning that is the obvious Queen-alike. I do agree it's a relatively weak track but I don't agree with it being so "Queeny", I think people will focus too much on that part and not allow the rest of the track to sing through.
Remember when SMBH came out? how everyone hated it and thought Muse had gone weird? and now people like it in general. I bet this anti-USOE stuff is going to blow over pretty soon. Thats my final thoughts on the matter. I like the song anyway.
I'm going to be away until Tuesday. Bye guys :biggrin:
Hah I didn't hate SMBH :tongue:
Oooh where you going? byeeeee
Stray_talk
Hah I didn't hate SMBH :tongue:
Oooh where you going? byeeeee

neither did I :p:
I'm going to Kelmarsh hall to do re enactment this weekend, and Monday I have an ear operation and I doubt i'll be home until late and i'll be too drugged up to do anything much so Tuesday it is :biggrin:
museobsessed
neither did I :p:
I'm going to Kelmarsh hall to do re enactment this weekend, and Monday I have an ear operation and I doubt i'll be home until late and i'll be too drugged up to do anything much so Tuesday it is :biggrin:

:woo: Ear op! Hope that goes ok, see ya on Tuesday!
p.s. stock up on morphine - share and share alike :tongue:
Reply 585
To be honest, i didn't get into Muse after BH&R. Supermassiv Black Hole is a great track - not their best - but still bloody great. This song is their weakest since Showbiz album imo.
benmh92
To be honest, i didn't get into Muse after BH&R. Supermassiv Black Hole is a great track - not their best - but still bloody great. This song is their weakest since Showbiz album imo.

Can I ask, out of curiosity, why you're not too keen on 'Showbiz'?
Reply 587
Stray_talk
Can I ask, out of curiosity, why you're not too keen on 'Showbiz'?

OOS, BH&R and especially Absolution are on a different level. Showbiz was an average album for me, not that interesting an album and i don't tend to come back to it. It's just not a very good album and a boring one which i rarely will come back to. Nothing special.
You waffle far too much :tongue:

But fair enough. I think it's a great album and vastly overlooked - songs like 'Sunburn' 'Filip' and 'Uno' are pretty great songs but each to their own :smile:
Reply 589
I liked Supermassive Black Hole. Theres something very sexy about it. :yep:

Showbiz is a good album. It sounds a lot more fun and its all about riffs. There are some great tracks on there: Uno, Filip, Overdue, Hate This & I'll Love You and Cave. :yep: It's a shame they don't play 'Filip' live anymore. :sad:
Reply 590
Omg if they played Uno on this tour I would not be held responsible for my actions :eek: :biggrin:

EDIT: I never realised this existed... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDEmBtlc_CM ... who the hell did the wardrobe for that video?!
Reply 591
RJA
Omg if they played Uno on this tour I would not be held responsible for my actions :eek: :biggrin:

EDIT: I never realised this existed... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDEmBtlc_CM ... who the hell did the wardrobe for that video?!

Isn't there another video for Uno, as well?
RJA

As much as I'd like that to happen, I just can't see it.
I'd say boycott but that'd be a bit **** :tongue:
natty_d
Isn't there another video for Uno, as well?

Yars

Oh how young and fresh-faced they look :biggrin:
Reply 594
Stray_talk
Yars

Oh how young and fresh-faced they look :biggrin:

Ahhhh. Thats better. :h:
RJA

Heh, that's the one time I've not been in awe of Matt's wardrobe :p:
Reply 596
Stray_talk
As much as I'd like that to happen, I just can't see it.
I'd say boycott but that'd be a bit **** :tongue:

A quick wiki check shows the last time they played Uno was 11th November 2003... I like those odds :p:
Dinendal Leralonde
Heh, that's the one time I've not been in awe of Matt's wardrobe :p:

Oi. Where has you been? :hmmm:
RJA
A quick wiki check shows the last time they played Uno was 11th November 2003... I like those odds :p:

6 years ago....hmm naaah I don't think so :tongue:
I wish they still played 'Showbiz' live. That ruled so hard the one time I saw it. Really liked the live version of 'Screenager' too.

Quick Reply

Latest