The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield Accommodation

Has anyone already self-selected their accommodation?They said it opens in March, but it's already the 13th and I'm still waiting for the invitation email.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by sopy22
Has anyone already self-selected their accommodation?They said it opens in March, but it's already the 13th and I'm still waiting for the invitation email.

I dont think they have opened them yet. Everyone I have spoke to hasn't heard anything!!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by mollyejc
I dont think they have opened them yet. Everyone I have spoke to hasn't heard anything!!
Oh ok, thanks!
Reply 3
I contacted the accommodation team today and they said it will open soon but they couldn’t give a date.
Original post by sopy22
I emailed them this what they said. “Applications will be opening soon for 2024/25 accommodation but I am sorry I do not have a specific date at the moment. You will receive notification when applications open and the details will be on the university website.“
Reply 5
I've tried to book it, nothing yet
Original post by sopy22
Hi it is open now if you go onto your muse account you can start applying :smile:
Original post by grace.louise1905
Hi it is open now if you go onto your muse account you can start applying :smile:

TYY
Did you get an email saying you could book ?
Original post by Anonymous #2
Did you get an email saying you could book ?
I was just on the muse website and booked accommodation, but no email
Original post by sopy22

Hi!

Accommodation selection is now open and you can book this through Muse. One thing to bear in mind is that the blocks are released in waves so if you don't immediately see a specific flat or room available yet, don't panic as that means it will be released at a later date. They do this to make the experience as fair as possible for everyone trying to book. Do you have any questions about accommodation? I stayed in a block called Rivelin which is a part of the Endcliffe student village in my first year and I am happy to answer any questions you may have :smile:

Ellie (3rd year English language and linguistics student)
Reply 11
Hi not sure what to put in my accommodation bio - any examples out there??
Original post by sopy22

Hello! I self-selected yesterday, but only got the email a few days before. I'm sure it will come through!
How do we log into Muse account , I have firmed Sheffield
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hi!
Accommodation selection is now open and you can book this through Muse. One thing to bear in mind is that the blocks are released in waves so if you don't immediately see a specific flat or room available yet, don't panic as that means it will be released at a later date. They do this to make the experience as fair as possible for everyone trying to book. Do you have any questions about accommodation? I stayed in a block called Rivelin which is a part of the Endcliffe student village in my first year and I am happy to answer any questions you may have :smile:
Ellie (3rd year English language and linguistics student)

Hi! Do you know when yarncliffe and froggartt were released?
Original post by eviedeehan
Hi! Do you know when yarncliffe and froggartt were released?

Like a week ago but only the ground floor. I’m also waiting for the university to post the rest
Original post by bir20

Hi, what people put in their bios can really vary. Most people put their course, their age and some things that they are interested in. Some put whether they care about a clean flat, if they are vegan/veggie, if they are religious or their sexual orientation. You could also say if you are into going out, or are more into quiet nights in or a bit of both.
They don't need to be super long, but can be useful to find some like minded people.
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)
Any reps lived in Allen Court , which is best Brightmore v Latimore ? Any differences ? Is one for post grads? Thanks
Original post by Anonymous #2
How do we log into Muse account , I have firmed Sheffield

Hi!

If you go onto the University of Sheffield website there should be a button/tab at the top of the page that says 'log into muse'. If you have any issues with this I would recommend getting into contact with the IT support team and explain the issue. I hope this answers your question, but if not then do please let us know.

Ellie (3rd year English Language and Linguistics student)
Original post by bir20

Hey!

One of our other reps has already responded to this but I just wanted to add that a lot of people tend to include their social media (instagram etc) so that they have the option to contact the people in their flat/be contacted prior to moving in. I did this in my application bio and it resulted in 5 out of the 7 people in my flat discussing things in a group chat before officially meeting on move in day, which alleviated a lot of the worry and stress I had about the entire process! 🙂

Ellie (3rd year English Language and Linguistics student)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending