The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 3
Sorry...Alright...Well...
Hi

Wondering if there was anywhere where I could learn Taekwondo in St Andrews, and how much will it cost?

Thanks very much.

fun! we have a uni-class 8-10 pm on Mondays and communal classes on wednesdays and fridays.

will you be a beginner or have you trained before? :smile:
Knudsen
fun! we have a uni-class 8-10 pm on Mondays and communal classes on wednesdays and fridays.

will you be a beginner or have you trained before? :smile:

I'd be a beginner (though I had a trial class last week which was so fun)
Reply 5
I'm quite looking forward to this too ^^
Oxy
I'm quite looking forward to this too ^^

Are you a beginner as well?
Reply 7
Are you a beginner as well?

I've done a few classes, maybe 5-6 hours of training. I see your learning drums, I'm a drummer too want any tips? :smile:
Oxy
I've done a few classes, maybe 5-6 hours of training. I see your learning drums, I'm a drummer too want any tips? :smile:

Wow, sounds good, though I've not got a drum kit and am not having any lessons until I go to uni as they were from school (which has now closed).

Though any tips would still be highly appreciated.
Reply 9
Wow, sounds good, though I've not got a drum kit and am not having any lessons until I go to uni as they were from school (which has now closed).

Though any tips would still be highly appreciated.

Ouch, you really need a kit to practise on. I sold mine a few years ago and miss my drum dearly :frown:

Right tips: Never try to play anything fast, always try to practice it slow and get the timing right before speeding it up. Also get the grip of the sticks correct (I imagine you play with the normal grip, not the jazz grip where one hand the palm faces upwards with the stick lying under the thumb across the palm and between the 2nd and 3rd finger from the index) the grip should always be lose and relaxed, but not too lose. Also practise lots of rudiments using a metronome! Theres a lot of further info and videos here. This site has loads of information for techniques and things :smile: Also can you read drum manuscript? (sheet music) and lastly, when your playing everything should be relaxed none of yours wrists/arms or legs should be tense otherwise you just get loads of cramp! Endurance builds up as you play, you get faster and faster and can sustain it for longer.

Enough of my ramble :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending