The Student Room Group

medicine at st andrews

I was wondering if anyone could help me with some knowledge. I have an offer for Glasgow, Aberdeen and St. Andrews for medicine but am quite keen to go to St. Andrews. I am however struggling to understand there transition after 3rd year to a partner medical school. My questions are:

- Would there be extra course work that students from St. Andrews would have to learn as surely St. Andrews can't align their course exactly with all the other courses at the different unis as it is a known fact that the course is taught different at different unis?

- how would you integrate into the ranking systems at other unis. As use Aberdeen as an example, they start their ranking system based of of their year 1 or 2 exams (I can't remember) so how would you then join Aberdeen, after being at St. Andrews for three years and integrate into their ranking system? Would you start at the bottom?

- Also how hard is it to get into your top choice of the two when transferring from St. Andrews to the partner uni?

Also if anyone knows, how difficult is it to get accommodation in St. Andrews after year 1?
Original post by darcymcneill
I was wondering if anyone could help me with some knowledge. I have an offer for Glasgow, Aberdeen and St. Andrews for medicine but am quite keen to go to St. Andrews. I am however struggling to understand there transition after 3rd year to a partner medical school. My questions are:

- Would there be extra course work that students from St. Andrews would have to learn as surely St. Andrews can't align their course exactly with all the other courses at the different unis as it is a known fact that the course is taught different at different unis?

- how would you integrate into the ranking systems at other unis. As use Aberdeen as an example, they start their ranking system based of of their year 1 or 2 exams (I can't remember) so how would you then join Aberdeen, after being at St. Andrews for three years and integrate into their ranking system? Would you start at the bottom?

- Also how hard is it to get into your top choice of the two when transferring from St. Andrews to the partner uni?

Also if anyone knows, how difficult is it to get accommodation in St. Andrews after year 1?

no clue about the other stuff but accommodation is a nightmare, an actual nightmare, and transferring to QMUL is for top students and the other uni is for the lower performing students in the england route. For the scotland route idk.

But yes, accommodation is a terrible issue and students regularly have to seek council help. It's crazy expensive and impossible to find a place.
Reply 2
Original post by CatInTheCorner
no clue about the other stuff but accommodation is a nightmare, an actual nightmare, and transferring to QMUL is for top students and the other uni is for the lower performing students in the england route. For the scotland route idk.

But yes, accommodation is a terrible issue and students regularly have to seek council help. It's crazy expensive and impossible to find a place.

Bumping this thread, useful questions!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending