The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Sexual harassment and Hardeep Singh-Kohli

Scroll to see replies

nasri-diaby
Yeah I agree, unless they just win every game 15-12.

If that happened, I wouldn't have a problem with it! However, unfortunately it probably won't :/ A bit more of the arsenal-esque lovely flowing football will do though!
BibblyBobbly
If that happened, I wouldn't have a problem with it! However, unfortunately it probably won't :/ A bit more of the arsenal-esque lovely flowing football will do though!

If your willing to watch your team refuse to shoot from more than a metre off the goal line!
4G_dollars
It does not matter how much money you throw, at the end of the day, the players you bought are there for the money not because they dreamed for playing for city...
You will still end up sixth...

Oh well. Why all the ellipses? Are they because you're not actually completely sure in what you're saying?

Soon enough, players will want to play for City just because it's City. At the moment though, I agree money is very useful. We may end up in sixth this season and that would probably do, provided we aren't too far from the top four. I personally feel we could do exactly what Villa did last season, maybe going a bit further and squeezing into the top four. Who knows!
He's a cool guy. At least he didn't actually rape. He was just getting a bit excited. Didn't expect this from him though.
Reply 24
BibblyBobbly
Oh well. Why all the ellipses? Are they because you're not actually completely sure in what you're saying?

Soon enough, players will want to play for City just because it's City. At the moment though, I agree money is very useful. We may end up in sixth this season and that would probably do, provided we aren't too far from the top four. I personally feel we could do exactly what Villa did last season, maybe going a bit further and squeezing into the top four. Who knows!

I always have put ellipses when I typing online...nothing new.
Don't double speak, lad, I wonder when a day would come when a player say it has always been my childhood dream to play for city and I am not in it for the money. Frankly, I think it is disgusting that city are paying millions to players, don't you?
Yep, it is nice to see you agree with me, that you will end up sixth.

On a positive note, at least Manchester has two of the world's biggest clubs.

Remember to sign this: http://www.manchesterworldsport.com/
nasri-diaby
If your willing to watch your team refuse to shoot from more than a metre off the goal line!

Ah yes, I'd forgotten that bit of Arsenal culture. Maybe we'll only copy a bit of Arsenal's play then :p:
Reply 26
What? I thought he was gay...
Reply 27
sango
What? I thought he was gay...

I thought he was gaaaaaaay as well. He wears a pink turban. Emphasis on the turban.
4G_dollars
I always have put ellipses when I typing online...nothing new.
Don't double speak, lad, I wonder when a day would come when a player say it has always been my childhood dream to play for city and I am not in it for the money. Frankly, I think it is disgusting that city are paying millions to players, don't you?
Yep, it is nice to see you agree with me, that you will end up sixth.

On a positive note, at least Manchester has two of the world's biggest clubs.

Remember to sign this: http://www.manchesterworldsport.com/

Where was i double talking? It might not be their childhood dream to play for City, but they could still want to. City will become successful eventually and players will want to play for them. For example, I don't know how many players said they wanted to play for Chelsea when they were a fringe top 4 team, but then they started winning trophies and a lot bigger players joined.

I don't agree that we will end up sixth actually. And yes the amount of money in football is disgusting, but city shouldn't shoulder all the criticism. It's the culture of football nowadays that wages are astonomically high. At the moment, we haven't signed anyone and given them stupid wages (in football terms anyway), it has all been mainly paper talk. Robinho has a handsome pay packet, but I don't think it's terribly different to the other top players in the division. However, Real Madrid have spent 140 odd million on two players, and why are they not being berated like City are? I personally feel that the Green Eyed Monster is involved, all these supporters of the hallowed "Big Four" are a bit worried now that they aren't the biggest fish in the pond anymore, speaking financially.

I'm also curious to know which team you support?
Reply 29
BibblyBobbly
Where was i double talking? It might not be their childhood dream to play for City, but they could still want to. City will become successful eventually and players will want to play for them. For example, I don't know how many players said they wanted to play for Chelsea when they were a fringe top 4 team, but then they started winning trophies and a lot bigger players joined.

I don't agree that we will end up sixth actually. And yes the amount of money in football is disgusting, but city shouldn't shoulder all the criticism. It's the culture of football nowadays that wages are astonomically high. At the moment, we haven't signed anyone and given them stupid wages (in football terms anyway), it has all been mainly paper talk. Robinho has a handsome pay packet, but I don't think it's terribly different to the other top players in the division. However, Real Madrid have spent 140 odd million on two players, and why are they not being berated like City are? I personally feel that the Green Eyed Monster is involved, all these supporters of the hallowed "Big Four" are a bit worried now that they aren't the biggest fish in the pond anymore, speaking financially.

I'm also curious to know which team you support?

Yes, I agree with you to a certain extent, with Chelsea, look at them now, in top 4.
I hated Real Madrid spending that much, it is unfair, and not right. I think something should be done anyway. Ronaldo saga considering, I am glad to see the back of him, I never hated someone with so much passion than him.
Tevez, good player, but has he scored quite a lot at united? No he did not. The stats speak for themselves.
I support the team that is over the river.

Go on the site and sign on. Manchester world cup bid...
Reply 30
4G_dollars
I thought he was gaaaaaaay as well. He wears a pink turban. Emphasis on the turban.

Forget the pink turban, cause I wear pink everything and I'm very straight it is just that I actually thought he was gay. Didn't play a gay in some comedy?
Reply 31
sango
Forget the pink turban, cause I wear pink everything and I'm very straight it is just that I actually thought he was gay. Didn't play a gay in some comedy?

Notice the emphasis on the turban. I am sure your straight. I wear grey *****; does not mean I am an OAP!

Anyway yes I too thought he was gaaaaaaaaaay. Gay as a Dawafyd.
4G_dollars
Yes, I agree with you to a certain extent, with Chelsea, look at them now, in top 4.
I hated Real Madrid spending that much, it is unfair, and not right. I think something should be done anyway. Ronaldo saga considering, I am glad to see the back of him, I never hated someone with so much passion than him.
Tevez, good player, but has he scored quite a lot at united? No he did not. The stats speak for themselves.
I support the team that is over the river.

Go on the site and sign on. Manchester world cup bid...

I did.

And yes it is unfair, but then again it was also unfair when the Top Four were outspending everyone else, so I suppose what goes around comes around. I'd support a wage cap in football, along with the 6+5 rule.

Did you hate Ronaldo before the Real Madrid fiasco? Tevez will put in a shift, and he won't be relied on to be City's top scorer. Whoever plays as the target man, (probably Adebayor or Rocky) will be expected to be the big goal scorer, along with Robinho. Tevez will chip in, along with the likes of Barry, Ireland and SWP.
Reply 33
BibblyBobbly
I did.

And yes it is unfair, but then again it was also unfair when the Top Four were outspending everyone else, so I suppose what goes around comes around. I'd support a wage cap in football, along with the 6+5 rule.

Did you hate Ronaldo before the Real Madrid fiasco? Tevez will put in a shift, and he won't be relied on to be City's top scorer. Whoever plays as the target man, (probably Adebayor or Rocky) will be expected to be the big goal scorer, along with Robinho. Tevez will chip in, along with the likes of Barry, Ireland and SWP.

Agree with the first point..

Yes I hated ronaldo long before the real madrid fiasco. I admit he is good player, I hate the guy. I don't know where to begin to tell everything that is wrong with him...
I did not mind Tevez and supported for his stay at United, but he turned out to be selfish to be honest. A contract was there, he could have signed the dotted line. United should have got rid of Berbatov.

I don't mind city fans to be honest, I do hate one argument that they use that United is not in Manchester. Pisses me off that argument.
4G_dollars
Agree with the first point..

Yes I hated ronaldo long before the real madrid fiasco. I admit he is good player, I hate the guy. I don't know where to begin to tell everything that is wrong with him...
I did not mind Tevez and supported for his stay at United, but he turned out to be selfish to be honest. A contract was there, he could have signed the dotted line. United should have got rid of Berbatov.

I don't mind city fans to be honest, I do hate one argument that they use that United is not in Manchester. Pisses me off that argument.

You don't need to convince me to despise the bastard!

I like Tevez's work rate, and I don't know whether he really was upset by how he was treated or that he just wanted the money. Probably a mixture of the two. Berbatov might do better next season, with a different attack. He was less central to all you did last season, which he isn't used to. This season however it'll be different, so you might see the best of him. A bog standard 4-4-2 with him and Rooney up front would work, meaning Berbatov gets more of the ball and Rooney can do the legwork. Your attack will also be a bit more flexible with the addition of Owen, because to be honest Ronaldo was appalling as a striker.

Also, I think we might have strayed away from the original theme of the thread!
Reply 35
BibblyBobbly
You don't need to convince me to despise the bastard!

I like Tevez's work rate, and I don't know whether he really was upset by how he was treated or that he just wanted the money. Probably a mixture of the two. Berbatov might do better next season, with a different attack. He was less central to all you did last season, which he isn't used to. This season however it'll be different, so you might see the best of him. A bog standard 4-4-2 with him and Rooney up front would work, meaning Berbatov gets more of the ball and Rooney can do the legwork. Your attack will also be a bit more flexible with the addition of Owen, because to be honest Ronaldo was appalling as a striker.

Also, I think we might have strayed away from the original theme of the thread!

I don't mind Tevez, personally me, I think it was the way he was treated. the fact he joined city, I am glad in a way, despite that fierce rivalry.

I think next season will be different, I still my reservations on Owen, we will see...

I hated the guy, I was pleased to see the back of him. 80 million quid, I have mixed feelings, good business on united front, Is ronaldo worth that? No!

lol I think we have, what happened to turban guy has happened, he prob was not getting any at home so he thought...or maybe he just wanted a British citizenship haha
4G_dollars
I don't mind Tevez, personally me, I think it was the way he was treated. the fact he joined city, I am glad in a way, despite that fierce rivalry.

I think next season will be different, I still my reservations on Owen, we will see...

I hated the guy, I was pleased to see the back of him. 80 million quid, I have mixed feelings, good business on united front, Is ronaldo worth that? No!

lol I think we have, what happened to turban guy has happened, he prob was not getting any at home so he thought...or maybe he just wanted a British citizenship haha

Yeah next season should be an interesting one! I thought united would've been more active though, but ferguson's said he isn't going to spend anymore hasn't he?

I think Ronaldo had a cheek to say he reckoned he was worth more. And he kicked up a fuss when Real said he was going to be unveiled along with Kaka. He needs his head pulling out of his arse.

Lol! I don't see what the fuss is about. He hasn't raped anyone or anything, he's just tried the moves on and everybody's had a fit.
Reply 37
BibblyBobbly
Yeah next season should be an interesting one! I thought united would've been more active though, but ferguson's said he isn't going to spend anymore hasn't he?

I think Ronaldo had a cheek to say he reckoned he was worth more. And he kicked up a fuss when Real said he was going to be unveiled along with Kaka. He needs his head pulling out of his arse.

Lol! I don't see what the fuss is about. He hasn't raped anyone or anything, he's just tried the moves on and everybody's had a fit.

It is the arrogance that pisses me off. He is worth more? No! I was glad Messi shown who was the better players during the final between barca and united...

I was suprised, I thought they would be more active. I feel a bit let down. But then again, Ferguson knows his stuff, so perhaps.

“Dad looks different and the magnet towards him has grown because of Sanjeev and Hardeep. I wonder if they would have done the same for a white person.”
For carbon monoxide poisoning? YES!!!

It's disgusting how many times the racism card is thrown around when someone gets targetted for their dodgy dealings.
4G_dollars
It is the arrogance that pisses me off. He is worth more? No! I was glad Messi shown who was the better players during the final between barca and united...

I was suprised, I thought they would be more active. I feel a bit let down. But then again, Ferguson knows his stuff, so perhaps.

Yeah, you may have another superstar kid on your books, or maybe you'll be a better team this year, less individuals

Latest

Trending

Trending