The Student Room Group

Tony Robinson

Tony Robinson said that bankers have increased their wages by 12% even after they have asked for a bailout.
Does anybody know the source for this statistic?
Or whether he is referring to bankers working for banks that have been bailed out (barclays, natwest etc) or investment bankers in general?
Reply 1
Who cares, its Tony Robinson grilling bankers. What more can you ask for?????
Reply 2
G56
OP
Original post by Kiss

You are missing the point entirely.
It's probably plucked out of thin air, like most statistics about bankers.
Maybe it's part of a cunning plan against bankers.
I thought he was an absolute legend for saying all that stuff :ahee:

Even if the statistic isn't correct it's probably not far off.
I would imagine he was referring generally to the bosses of FTSE 100 companies, who continue to rake it in as everything falls down around them. If he'd been talking specifically about the executives of the bailed-out banks, the rise was even higher than 12%.

Here's the first thing Google gave me, but the chart on that page is certainly instructive: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2158031/Fury-bosses-pay-soars-Average-rise-12-FTSE-100-fatcats.html
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Robinson can go suck it, as the most scripted and talentless member of the blackadder troupe, populist rhetoric is a short term way to try and revive any fame he once had, atleast the others can ride on the coattails of their fame without doing anything.

Despite the fact I agree with what he says.
Reply 8
G56
OP
Original post by jismith1989
I would imagine he was referring generally to the bosses of FTSE 100 companies, who continue to rake it in as everything falls down around them. If he'd been talking specifically about the executives of the bailed-out banks, the rise was even higher than 12%.

Here's the first thing Google gave me, but the chart on that page is certainly instructive: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2158031/Fury-bosses-pay-soars-Average-rise-12-FTSE-100-fatcats.html

Original post by That Friday Feelin
I thought he was an absolute legend for saying all that stuff :ahee:

Even if the statistic isn't correct it's probably not far off.

Original post by Kiss

I would say the FTSE 100 are the 100 single most important organisations keeping this country relevant in the world.
Just to reiterate, they deserve every penny they get.
And Tony Robinson is a dirty, sh** stirring liar for using the 12% statistic with bankers.
Also, he criticised the bankers for asking for a bailout 'then not loaning us the flipping money'. Does he, in his thick little head, understand that the bailout money was used to pay the banks debts, and only a minority of FTSE 100 organisations actually received any bailout money.
Obviously he does, but as they say, "the truth is boring and uninteresting". Given that Tony is a talentless little prick; lying is the only way to make himself seem important and interesting in a world that has all but left him behind.

/rant.
Reply 9
Whether you agree with him specifically or not a large number of people in the country would which demonstrates a substantial degree of failure in teaching basic economics and explaining the exact nature of the recession we find ourselves in, to the general public.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending