The Student Room Group

Subjects for Psychology?

Hi,

I'm really interested in studying psychology, but this has been a recent occurrence. I have just finished year 12, and as a result, I am unsure as to whether I have taken the right subjects.

I took Maths, Physics, Economics and History (and expect AAAB/AAAA respectively). I aim to continue all 4 to A2 next year, as will as picking up Further Maths at AS.

Could these subjects get me into Oxbridge/UCL for Psychology? Should I perhaps pick up AS Chemistry/Biology instead of Further Maths?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
There are no essential subjects needed for a psychology degree except at least one science A-level.
But there are certainly subjects that do help: Maths, Psychology and Biology will all be useful. Other than that you can choose basically anything. I really don't think Oxford/Cambridge/UCL would mind if you chose Further maths over Chemistry/Biology if that's what you want to do. Personally I would do Biology, but again, it's up to you; they're not going to discriminate against any of those subjects over the others.

Quick Reply

Latest