The Student Room Group

A2 Art personal study

Hi,
I'm just starting A2 art and i'm trying to think of a topic for my personal study.
I'm thinking of doing something on different art cultures like aboriginal, african that sort of thing and doing comparisons of them.

OR i really want to do set design at uni so i thought i could look at different set designers work.

OR i'm interested in looking at illustrators like Beatrix Potter, Judy Kerr so i can compare childrens illustrations to propoganda illustrations for example.

Not sure which is the better idea of the three which will give me enough to work with....
Also the problem with the cultures one is that i need to be able to interview an artist which obviously for aboriginal and stuff isn't possible so any ideas on a solution would be good...
Also with the set design idea obviously i have loads of people i can use as artist reference but what can i draw/paint for an ordinary piece as obviously all set has been created by an artist, unless i make the study based around theatre rather than set design...

Anyway thanks for any help you can give me :smile:
13Zoe1993
Hi,
I'm just starting A2 art and i'm trying to think of a topic for my personal study.
I'm thinking of doing something on different art cultures like aboriginal, african that sort of thing and doing comparisons of them.

OR i really want to do set design at uni so i thought i could look at different set designers work.

OR i'm interested in looking at illustrators like Beatrix Potter, Judy Kerr so i can compare childrens illustrations to propoganda illustrations for example.

Not sure which is the better idea of the three which will give me enough to work with....
Also the problem with the cultures one is that i need to be able to interview an artist which obviously for aboriginal and stuff isn't possible so any ideas on a solution would be good...
Also with the set design idea obviously i have loads of people i can use as artist reference but what can i draw/paint for an ordinary piece as obviously all set has been created by an artist, unless i make the study based around theatre rather than set design...

Anyway thanks for any help you can give me :smile:

Heyy =) i'm basically in the same situation as you and trying to choose my theme =s it's hard lol

I think that cultures gives you quite a lot to look at but as you said with interviews, its harder...what if you interviewed an artist who just creates similar work to aboriginal art or is influenced? Then maybe you could also look at how more recent art is influenced by older art from different cultures =) You could also interview by email maybe
I have no idea about set design lol xD but if you want to do it at uni then it would be good to show a project on it in your portfolio...the best thing to do is probably check these with your teacher =)
I quite like the illustration idea because obviously there is lots of primary imagery that you could get and there are loads of illustrators you could look at =D Hope some of this helps lol

Latest

Trending

Trending