The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Simba
Not sure if people at other colleges have bets, but quite a few people at Trinity do :p: ...

I don't think any of this sort of bets have been made here at Girton, but nevermind!

Our mathmo banter is more of the..um..I don't think we have any specific mathmo banter here, but nevermind, maybe we'll get some of this sort later!
Reply 21
Slumpy
I don't think any of this sort of bets have been made here at Girton, but nevermind!

Our mathmo banter is more of the..um..I don't think we have any specific mathmo banter here, but nevermind, maybe we'll get some of this sort later!

How many mathmos are there at Girton? Hah, I might have seen you in lectures without having a clue who you were and vice versa :p: ...
Simba
I thought that too but I ended up getting 7/10 on the BMO2 geometry question in 2008, and I've solved IMO level geometry questions before. Once you've done a few you'll see that they're all very similar. Geometry is nice because there aren't actually that many different ways of doing a question (well, at BMO1/2 level!), so you can exhaust all ideas quite quickly (and of course find the correct one with a little luck!)

The work is all pretty easy so far, though I attend lectures in case there's some stuff I don't know. I don't know all of the first year vectors and matrices/groups stuff. I've been using some other books to extend my knowledge beyond the confines of my lectures so far :smile: . The problem here is that there is a large volume of work, so there simply isn't all that much time to do other stuff, not that it is particularly difficult (so far, anyway, I imagine it will get harder based on what people have told me :p: !)

I have to put in some hard work; a few people have been making bets regarding me and the Tripos :p: ... I don't drink alcohol, but all being well at the end of the exams I'll be getting a fair few free cokes :biggrin: !

:ditto: * as she finishes differential equations sheet 2* :work:...and then on to N&S and groups sheet2 :frown:
Reply 23
Simba
How many mathmos are there at Girton? Hah, I might have seen you in lectures without having a clue who you were and vice versa :p: ...

There's 9 of us in 1st year..50 ish of you, yeah?
I imagine that's quite possible..we're the group that always has helmets, bikes, and turns up slightly sweaty:p:
Reply 24
squeezebox
:ditto: * as she finishes differential equations sheet 2* :work:...and then on to N&S and groups sheet2 :frown:

Snap completely:P
Though I doubt I'll finish Diff Eqs 2 before doing N+S 2.
Reply 25
No mention of V+M 2 :p: ?

48 of us at Trinity this year I think. I know... not half :p: .
Slumpy
Snap completely:P
Though I doubt I'll finish Diff Eqs 2 before doing N+S 2.

Lol. My N&S is in for thursday and V&M 2 this morning (I finished it 5 mins before the deadline. oops.)
Simba

See my post below :p:
Reply 28
Since we are talking about SMC, does any 1 know what is the minimum u need to get a pass in it?

Thanks
Reply 29
Simba

Had my supervision for that on friday!
Although, we do seperate sheets to the actual example sheets, which we have to collect from Pembroke..it's unhelpful!

lol, I know most of ours, and several from other years:biggrin:
Reply 30
squeezebox
Lol. My N&S is in for thursday and V&M 2 this morning (I finished it 5 mins before the deadline. oops.)

Diff Eqs both for tomorrow for me, N+S for wednesday, and V&M was friday.
Blah!
What college you in?
Reply 31
squeezebox
Ouch. Thats tough,.

I'm at St. Catharine's :smile:

Ah, we use your astro for hockey:biggrin:
Reply 32
Workload's pretty heavy...I shouldn't be here really:p:
Tutorials are good fun..very bad if you haven't done the work beforehand though!
Reply 33
Wizz_Kid: What do you mean by a 'pass'?

The workload is heavy, though not particularly difficult right now. I suspect that in later courses the work will get a lot more difficult based on what people have told me.

My tutor ROCKS :biggrin: .
Reply 34
I'd rather not say my tutor on here :p: ...
Reply 35
10-12 Mon-Sat is lectures.
Mon,Wed, Fri the same courses, and Tu, Thu, Sat are the same.
Reply 36
I miss having a proper weekend... :p:
Reply 37
Simba
I miss having a proper weekend... :p:

I must've said those exact words quite a few times.
Are you sure you haven't accidentally been talking to me?:p:
I miss showers and sleep

Spoiler

Reply 39
Slumpy
10-12 Mon-Sat is lectures.
That is a preposterously early time to expect a decent, common student to be out of bed by. You'd think, for your money, that they would have sensible timetables, but no...

Latest