The Student Room Group

LNAT prep

Am I too late to get into LNAT prep after taking a gap year and immediately decide to take the lnat for 2023 entry?
Honestly, you’ll have prepped wayyy more than I did for my LNAT last year if you start prep now. I think LNAT prep’s effectiveness really depends on the resources you use for prep rather than how long you prep for (unless you only give yourself a few days, then that won’t be so great). Do you know what resources you’re going to use yet?
I agree, it’s the quality of your preparation, there are some great books on Amazon that helped me a lot
I'm sitting lnat this year and just starting to prep. Can anyone recommend the best books or resources? Also I'm not fast at typing either so really need to work on that too.
Original post by SunnyMcI
I'm sitting lnat this year and just starting to prep. Can anyone recommend the best books or resources? Also I'm not fast at typing either so really need to work on that too.

I think the resource almost everyone uses to some extent is Arbito. I only used their only free LNAT practice paper, and I can say it was definitely helpful because Arbito explains why answers are wrong and why the right answer is correct. I’m pretty sure if you get the paid version that they also mark an essay for you, as well as give you access to more practice papers, but I didn’t do this myself. There’s also practice papers on the LNAT website itself; one in the same layout as the official thing, and the other two (I think?) set out like exam papers. These are most helpful for learning how the LNAT questions are usually written. I never bought any books, so hopefully someone else has books they can recommend for you :smile:

Honestly, for the essay you don’t have to be the fastest typer. I type fast and finished with perhaps too much time to spare, so I was checking it over and editing it for about 20/25 minutes :/ As long as you’re confident answering essay questions - there’s plenty of practice essay questions on the official LNAT website too - you’ll be completely fine!
Original post by 6_Anya_6
I think the resource almost everyone uses to some extent is Arbito. I only used their only free LNAT practice paper, and I can say it was definitely helpful because Arbito explains why answers are wrong and why the right answer is correct. I’m pretty sure if you get the paid version that they also mark an essay for you, as well as give you access to more practice papers, but I didn’t do this myself. There’s also practice papers on the LNAT website itself; one in the same layout as the official thing, and the other two (I think?) set out like exam papers. These are most helpful for learning how the LNAT questions are usually written. I never bought any books, so hopefully someone else has books they can recommend for you :smile:

Honestly, for the essay you don’t have to be the fastest typer. I type fast and finished with perhaps too much time to spare, so I was checking it over and editing it for about 20/25 minutes :/ As long as you’re confident answering essay questions - there’s plenty of practice essay questions on the official LNAT website too - you’ll be completely fine!

Thanks so much. I've looked at Arbito so might pay a bit and get the extended package. Looking at the sample tests it looks incredibly difficult so I just hope with practice I can do well.
Reply 6
do you have any advice on how to improve your marks in the practice papers? I have done around 5 and I have not improved since my first test. I am aiming to get above 28 and I am currently getting around 20 and I am unsure what I am doing wrong as I have gone over my incorrect answers from the tests but I just am not improving in them.
Hi, here is my discount code for 10% off Arbitio 10ELAINE9. Please feel free to use it and good luck.
Hey here is my discount code: SUBSCRIBE_55573 good luck to all!
If anyone is searching for Arbitio promo code here's one

SUBSCRIBE_32721 ! You're welcome.
Reply 10
Original post by 14vantuyll1
I agree, it’s the quality of your preparation, there are some great books on Amazon that helped me a lot

hiya, it's a lot later but i'm looking to sit my LNAT this september. If you don't mind could you tell me which books on Amazon that you liked?
Reply 11
Original post by 14vantuyll1

hiya! i'm really looking to not waste money and just buy a few extra resources to prep me for the LNAT if possible. which of your amazon books do you feel helped you prepare and improve your score the most if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending