The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a moist feeling
We don't start on B&B surely? That's chucking you in at the deep end. This is all after funmed though right? :erm:

Turns out I'm talking rubbish.. we start on fundamentals of medicine and then have Human Development before christmas.

http://www.smd-edu.qmul.ac.uk/medicine/timetables/index.html

Original post by sarah1991
thats if i ever get it dont even know where im living what size bed im getting :angry:
all right nice :biggrin:

move on the 24th ........an extra week of doing nothing than you :proud:

You don't know where you're living yet? :shock:

I'd rather move in the week earlier and have an extra week of freshers :tongue:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Turns out I'm talking rubbish.. we start on fundamentals of medicine and then have Human Development before christmas.

http://www.smd-edu.qmul.ac.uk/medicine/timetables/index.html
:tongue:

I was going to say, I'd be surprised if they chucked us on B&B that early on in the course :rofl: almost gave me a heart attack :tongue:

Not long to go now :crazy:
I was going to say, I'd be surprised if they chucked us on B&B that early on in the course :rofl: almost gave me a heart attack :tongue:

Not long to go now :crazy:

True. Really ought to start getting everything sorted..

Task for the week: Set up student account and make list of stuff I need to buy before uni :yep:

Lets see how this goes..

Have you thought about which account you're going to get?
True. Really ought to start getting everything sorted..

Task for the week: Set up student account and make list of stuff I need to buy before uni :yep:

Lets see how this goes..

Have you thought about which account you're going to get?

I have already applied for my student account and am going with the Halifax because I have always banked with them :h: Natwest ruined their railcard thing so I wanted to avoid them like the plague :tongue: I do need to make a list of stuff to buy though :erm: so much to do and what feels like so little time :tongue:

EDIT: Also could be super keen but can't be arsed :tongue: http://compas.smd.qmul.ac.uk/outcomes/module/id/1
(edited 12 years ago)
I have already applied for my student account and am going with the Halifax because I have always banked with them :h: Natwest ruined their railcard thing so I wanted to avoid them like the plague :tongue: I do need to make a list of stuff to buy though :erm: so much to do and what feels like so little time :tongue:

EDIT: Also could be super keen but can't be arsed :tongue: http://compas.smd.qmul.ac.uk/outcomes/module/id/1

Ah I see :holmes:
I'm thinking co-op if I can get an account with them.. otherwise I might just go natwest anyway :redface:

Can always switch account after a year if need be..

That looks like too much work for now.. wait a month or so eh? :lazy:

I've counted the medicine award votes... interesting stuff :colone:
Ah I see :holmes:
I'm thinking co-op if I can get an account with them.. otherwise I might just go natwest anyway :redface:

Can always switch account after a year if need be..

That looks like too much work for now.. wait a month or so eh? :lazy:

I've counted the medicine award votes... interesting stuff :colone:

Mmm they have an insane overdraft don't they? I have banked with the halifax for ages and they have been good to me thus far. I would have gone Natwest but with the no railcard and the rediculous banking policies they have about deposits every 3 months it just isn't a logical choice :unimpressed:

I know I'm definitely not going to be going over anything I really can't be arsed it looks like far too much work and makes me realise that I keep forgetting we are going to have to work on this degree and not just have fun :rofl:

Oooo really? When are the results out? What is so interesting :shock:
Mmm they have an insane overdraft don't they? I have banked with the halifax for ages and they have been good to me thus far. I would have gone Natwest but with the no railcard and the rediculous banking policies they have about deposits every 3 months it just isn't a logical choice :unimpressed:

I know I'm definitely not going to be going over anything I really can't be arsed it looks like far too much work and makes me realise that I keep forgetting we are going to have to work on this degree and not just have fun :rofl:

Oooo really? When are the results out? What is so interesting :shock:

Yeah that's right.. but you need a credit check apparently so might not be allowed it (due to lack of evidence, not been gambling my money away :tongue:)

Hang on what? We have to actually work? :nooo:

Well I'm taking a break from typing them atm, it's a bit lengthy.. but it should be in an hour or two :wink:
You'll see :colone:
Reply 2307
Original post by hawflo
CONGRATS :wink: Are you going to go to the medic freshers events only? I'm (NOT) going to spend freshers week in bed :smile:

I don't want to but it looks like there are medic events every day of the week and most of the second week too. I'm going to try and go to a couple of non-medic events as well though :smile:

Original post by sarah1991
haha that is awesome can the the final few zzzz's in before a long day of lectures....hope i get somewhere near too :biggrin:

of course, i'll probably still end up being late to lectures though :colondollar: ooh where are you going?

Original post by maxpemberton
Where you living? On Gower Street??

Yeah, in Arthur Tattersall! :biggrin:
Yeah that's right.. but you need a credit check apparently so might not be allowed it (due to lack of evidence, not been gambling my money away :tongue:)

Hang on what? We have to actually work? :nooo:

Well I'm taking a break from typing them atm, it's a bit lengthy.. but it should be in an hour or two :wink:
You'll see :colone:

Meh my credit is fine so it's all god for me :tongue:

I know I didn't think about the fact that in 3 weeks or so we will have to be working and studying. I am genuinely afraid of doing this because my brain is now mush :sigh:

Oooo hurry up penguin :whip: I want to see the results dammit :tongue:
Meh my credit is fine so it's all god for me :tongue:

I know I didn't think about the fact that in 3 weeks or so we will have to be working and studying. I am genuinely afraid of doing this because my brain is now mush :sigh:

Oooo hurry up penguin :whip: I want to see the results dammit :tongue:

How do you check your rating? :dontknow:

All our brains are consist of mush :sadnod:
But the others will be losing theirs during freshers fortnight so it's all good..

Results are now in!
Check out the thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1751815
I would have gone Natwest but with the no railcard and the rediculous banking policies they have about deposits every 3 months it just isn't a logical choice :unimpressed:

How does this even work? :hmmmm:

Results are now in!
Check out the thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1751815

I thought there'd be another voting session for every category whereas the previous one was for suggestions. :facepalm2:

On the bright side, this thread. :smug:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mask Of Sanity

I thought there'd be another voting session for every category whereas the previous one was for suggestions. :facepalm2:

On the bright side, this thread. :smug:

Is that why you only voted in the one category? :tongue:

Indeed, this thread got the win it deserved :smug:
Is that why you only voted in the one category? :tongue:

Indeed, this thread got the win it deserved :smug:

Yes! :tongue: I thought people would've suggested those I want to for the other categories so there's no point me doing so again. :facepalm2: Next year though, it should definitely should go down my way. :colonhash:

Oh aye. :smug:

I think you have to deposit 750 every three months, and student loan is every 4 or so :erm: also you have to make 9 debit transactions each month and it has to be your main account too. I think are just asking too much to be honest :tongue:
I think you have to deposit 750 every three months, and student loan is every 4 or so :erm: also you have to make 9 debit transactions each month and it has to be your main account too. I think are just asking too much to be honest :tongue:

It is a bit, yeah. I'm not sure I'll be making any deposits into my student account aside from those that come from loans. I'm thinking it might just be easier to stick with HSBC now. Gah.
It is a bit, yeah. I'm not sure I'll be making any deposits into my student account aside from those that come from loans. I'm thinking it might just be easier to stick with HSBC now. Gah.

I just stuck with my regular bank because it is easier. I would have still gone to Natwest if they had given me the railcard but they won't :unimpressed:
I just stuck with my regular bank because it is easier. I would have still gone to Natwest if they had given me the railcard but they won't :unimpressed:

:rofl: I have a Natwest account, but opened it a little too late to qualify for the railcard. :shifty:
Reply 2317
why are there so many rules? is it same for other banks? I'll get mine sorted tomoro
Original post by dmz
why are there so many rules? is it same for other banks? I'll get mine sorted tomoro

I'm glad I'm not the only person who hasn't sorted it. :tongue:
Reply 2319
:king1:

Latest

Trending

Trending