The Student Room Group

a level re sit/ repeat a year. dentistry + medicine

Hi i would like to come on here and seek some advice on dentistry and medicine. This year i completed my gcses and safe to say I did really bad.. I am in year 12 now and unfortunately during the gcse period i was going through extenuating circumstances of bereavement and didn't try as hard as I could've. I'm currently going to re sit my gcses next year and hopefully achieve certain grades I would like and then do my a levels next year. I don't really know what to do since i don't know if me repeating the year would be classed as repeating my a levels, since I wont be doing actual a levels. I really am stubborn on doing medicine/ dentistry does anyone have any advice?? I am not sure whether this would affect my later applications of applying to dental schools or med schools. Does anyone have any advice?? Ps this is what I would like to achieve next year. Comb sci- 8-8 English lang-9 Maths-9 Geography-9 English lit -7 (already achieved) and Drama-4. Ive also tried emailing a lot of universities however they havent confirmed specifically on repeating the year.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by fateful-quay
Hi i would like to come on here and seek some advice on dentistry and medicine. This year i completed my gcses and safe to say I did really bad.. I am in year 12 now and unfortunately during the gcse period i was going through extenuating circumstances of bereavement and didn't try as hard as I could've. I'm currently going to re sit my gcses next year and hopefully achieve certain grades I would like and then do my a levels next year. I don't really know what to do since i don't know if me repeating the year would be classed as repeating my a levels, since I wont be doing actual a levels. I really am stubborn on doing medicine/ dentistry does anyone have any advice?? I am not sure whether this would affect my later applications of applying to dental schools or med schools. Does anyone have any advice?? Ps this is what I would like to achieve next year. Comb sci- 8-8 English lang-9 Maths-9 Geography-9 English lit -7 (already achieved) and Drama-4. Ive also tried emailing a lot of universities however they havent confirmed specifically on repeating the year.

what are ur current gcses when applying most schools have a excircs form you can fill so unis usually take that into account but yea email schools asking about their requirements
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by lilysilly_5454
what are ur current gcses when applying most schools have a excircs form you can fill so unis usually take that into account but yea email schools asking about their requirements

7444333 safe to say I would have to repeat the definitely but I’m worried about this and how it would impact my dentistry/medicine application
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by fateful-quay
7444333 safe to say I would have to repeat the definitely but I’m worried about this and how it would impact my dentistry/medicine application

ye but their not too bad would just need sciences and maths, eng lang really
Just email schools specifically and ask about the requirements
some schools will give you the condition of meeting the grades and the alevels and some schools will straight up say no its just good to get an idea so yk how best to make a competitive application

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending