The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

scottish studies

Hello,

is anybody studying scottish studies or another historical subject?
I have some questions...

Greedings
Reply 1
Current first year History Student :smile:
What would you like to know?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
3rd year History Student- what do you want to know? :smile:
Reply 3
Hi,

finally someone who´s studying history. :wink:

First I´d like to know if you both are from Scotland/England? And where exactly you are studying? :smile:
I´ve heard that the apprenticeship isn´t so good, as it´s maybe in germany. And I´d like to know, if it´s true?!
Is it true, that you got only a few courses (like 3) and that´s all for one semester?
What subjects do you have?

And if you know something else important, please tell me. Thanks. :smile:

Greetings
Reply 4
Original post by alba88
Hi,

finally someone who´s studying history. :wink:

First I´d like to know if you both are from Scotland/England? And where exactly you are studying? :smile:
I´ve heard that the apprenticeship isn´t so good, as it´s maybe in germany. And I´d like to know, if it´s true?!
Is it true, that you got only a few courses (like 3) and that´s all for one semester?
What subjects do you have?

And if you know something else important, please tell me. Thanks. :smile:

Greetings

Hi :smile:

I am currently studying for an MA Geography-History Joint Honours Degree. I am orginaly from Wales though due to my heritage I'd say I was Brtish. I've studied in 1st year History, International Relations and Geography so yes 3 subjects in one semester. Then in 2nd year I dropped International Relations. Now I just do Geography and History. So far for History I have studied 20th Century European History, French History, Renaissance and Reformation Early Modern European History and some American and Russian History- so a good mixture :smile:. Exhange opportunities are available
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/history/ugrad/erasmus_exchanges.shtml
Reply 5

3 subjects in one semester, that sounds.. not enough! In Germany it´s much more..so I think that maybe the imparted knowledge isn´t as well as in Germany. So I don´t know what to do... :wink: Also I think that my English isn´t good enough for GB.

20th Century European History. That sounds really interesting. What is it exactly about?
Reply 6
Original post by alba88

3 subjects in one semester, that sounds.. not enough! In Germany it´s much more..so I think that maybe the imparted knowledge isn´t as well as in Germany. So I don´t know what to do... :wink: Also I think that my English isn´t good enough for GB.

20th Century European History. That sounds really interesting. What is it exactly about?

See attachment :smile:
Reply 7
Thanks for information. Do you have also some information about history generally? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by alba88
Thanks for information. Do you have also some information about history generally? :smile:

www.abdn.ac.uk/history

Or email questions to [email protected] or [email protected] :smile:
Reply 9
Thank you very much.
If I have some more questions, I will contact you. I hope that is ok?! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending