The Student Room Group

Official: University of Dundee A100 2024 Entry

Welcome to the University of Dundee A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

For general information click:
https://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/ug/medicine/

For entry requirements click:
https://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/ug/me...y-requirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

does anyone know when dundee starts to dish out interviews
Reply 2
Does dundee give priority to Scottish applicants? I read somewhere most places are for Scottish applicants
i believe there are more places for scottish students and the ucat considered is also lower for you if you home fee assessed (Scottish)
Reply 4
anyone know the dundee age requirements I have sent them a email still noi reply will be 17 when the coirse starts and 18 in december, any advice?
Reply 5
Hello
I was wondering what universities I could possibly apply to. I’m not sure if it is still a possibility for me.

My predicted grades are :A*A*A*
My GCSE’s:
9chem
9physics
8bio
9english lit
8english lang
8history
7 maths
7r and p
7 Spanish
6drama

My UCAT score was quite low,
Reply 6
Im 2690 B2
A*A*A*A predicteds
RUK
Do i have a chance at Dundee, and how does their scoring system work? Do they lean more towards scottish applicants?
2021 figures. Nothing more recent, but it gives you an idea of numbers at Dundee.

IMG_0739.jpeg

IMG_0740.jpeg
IMG_0741.jpeg
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by vsss
anyone know the dundee age requirements I have sent them a email still noi reply will be 17 when the coirse starts and 18 in december, any advice?

Students must be 18 years of age at the time they start the medical degree programme.
Original post by Itsuaboiiij
does anyone know when dundee starts to dish out interviews

Normally November for December interviews. They will continue interviews into January.

You may get a prompt decision or the latest decision last year seemed to be the start of May. Of course, when the exams results come out in August, there might be the odd place because people haven’t got their anticipated grades.

I know of someone that got an offer within a week of the semester starting, but that’s unusual.
Reply 10
Original post by Parentofstudent
Students must be 18 years of age at the time they start the medical degree programme.

Are you sure of this, as it certainly didn't used to be the case?
You’re quite right, it didn’t used to be. I am pretty sure it is now for this Uni, but can’t evidence this atm.

It would make life simpler if all the Unis had the same age, but as you know there is so many variations.

The upshot is all applicants that aren’t 18 at the commencement of the course should check with each school they want to apply to just to be on the safe side.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Parentofstudent
You’re quite right, it didn’t used to be. I am pretty sure it is now for this Uni, but can’t evidence this atm.

It would make life simpler if all the Unis had the same age, but as you know there is so many variations.

The upshot is all applicants that aren’t 18 at the commencement of the course should check with each school they want to apply to just to be on the safe side.

Yes, this is very sensible. And nothing about medicine admissions is simple, sadly :lol:
I had to look it up years ago for a child who was 17 when they went and it was a nightmare trying to find info. Scottish unis generally were accepting of <18s because of the structure of their education system
Reply 13
Original post by reubenn05

Welcome to the University of Dundee A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

For general information click:
https://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/ug/medicine/

For entry requirements click:
[url=
Reply 14
Hi,
I was wondering if I will be considered as a Scottish applicant as I’m moved to Scotland a year go but I did my A-levels in Wales?
Original post by Sima2003
Hi,
I was wondering if I will be considered as a Scottish applicant as I’m moved to Scotland a year go but I did my A-levels in Wales?

No
Reply 16
hello,
I am international applicant, I'm wondering if I have any chances in getting interview as my ucat turned out didn't well 2500 B2,
can you also suggest me any likely places I could apply? I m currently looking at Keele and QUB.
Do your homework.

Here are the stats for A100 Dundee 2022/3.

IMG_0833.jpeg
Reply 18
Original post by vsss

My daughter started Medicine this year at Dundee at 17yrs. It is permitted.
Reply 19
Did anyone else get a rejection today?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending