The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Is it worth applying to Edinburgh?

So i am planning on taking a year out from studying and applying to university for 2024 entry. I plan on applying for Linguistics at Edinburgh and other unis too. For context I am a Scottish student.

I know Edinburgh is a competitive uni so i checked their requirements for Linguistics and they say they want AABB-ABBB at higher.

The grades I have recieved are 4 A's at higher and AB at advanced higher. I know these grades are above the requirements but im not sure whether Linguistics at edinburgh is extremely competitive and I have also heard that they prefer to take non-scottish students due to the fees that scottish students pay. Would my grades give me a good chance for getting into Edinburgh?

I am also planning on applying to other universities too, but Edinburgh is my top choice.

any advice or info would be appreciated :smile:
Have a look at this: https://www.ed.ac.uk/sites/default/files/atoms/files/scotland_fee_rate_admissions_statistics_0.pdf
Looks like about 55% of Scottish applicants get offers for Linguistics. So with your grades being well above the minimum I would definitely consider it.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending