The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL Biology Unit 2 6BIO2 21st May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Can't believe I've just found this but this youtube channel gives crash courses on biology content
It's actually really good and straight to the point.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5F8B63A8402E0C19&feature=mh_lolz
Reply 41
I dont understand anatomical, physiological and behavioural
Reply 42
Original post by 007Shella

see this thread here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1635128
Reply 43
Original post by 007Shella

This from wikipedia is also helpful

All adaptations help organisms survive in their ecological niches.[14] These adaptive traits may be structural, behavioral or physiological. Structural adaptations are physical features of an organism (shape, body covering, armament; and also the internal organization). Behavioural adaptations are composed of inherited behaviour chains and/or the ability to learn: behaviours may be inherited in detail (instincts), or a tendency for learning may be inherited (see neuropsychology). Examples: searching for food, mating, vocalizations. Physiological adaptations permit the organism to perform special functions (for instance, making venom, secreting slime, phototropism); but also more general functions such as growth and development, temperature regulation, ionic balance and other aspects of homeostasis. Adaptation, then, affects all aspects of the life of an organism.
Reply 44
hopefully this exam won't be too bad.. I think the CGP covers pretty much everything you need to know
Do you think Unit 2 would be like Unit 1? :s-smilie: And what questions do you think might come? :smile:
Reply 46
hey guys! I'm taking this exam on Monday as well and I'm not sure how it's going to go frankly. :/ I'm really hoping that the questions are more manipulate the given data type. How does everyone feel about it?
Smashed June 11 :cool:

Need to do jan 10, jun 10 and jan 12
Reply 48
Original post by Ataraxian-Walker
Do you think Unit 2 would be like Unit 1? :s-smilie: And what questions do you think might come? :smile:

Unit 1 was way more interesting than unit 2... but the style of questions are very similar.
Original post by Killer_94
Unit 1 was way more interesting than unit 2... but the style of questions are very similar.

How was unit 1 like?
A lot of content or how science works e.g graphs data
Reply 50
Hey I'm sitting this exam too and really nervous, Started full on revision today, and was close to tears because I feel like I'm not revising but actually learning all over again. Add to that the pressure from doing really badly in the Unit 1 paper on Monday, I feel like I have to do really well on this to balance it out. Anything less than a B overall will be extremely disappointing because I've worked really hard

any tips? I just hope this paper is more theoretical, and not too much "how Science works questions?" Paper 1 through me because there was just so much guesswork involved. I want to be asked about Biology, not some calculating puzzle for God's sake!

I'm just gathering some revision notes, so thanks for the ones posted up on the first page, they look great, heres some flash cards I found:
http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/as_level_biology_unit_2_edexcel#s=1

So far, my worst exam has been Biology, and although I was quite complacent at the beginning of the year, from January I have worked considerably harder, its like all my year will be wasted if I don't do well, I know I can do resits, but I don't want to resit both 6BIO1 and 6BIO2, that'll just be too much

:frown:
Reply 51
Original post by 3raindrops
Hey I'm sitting this exam too and really nervous, Started full on revision today, and was close to tears because I feel like I'm not revising but actually learning all over again. Add to that the pressure from doing really badly in the Unit 1 paper on Monday, I feel like I have to do really well on this to balance it out. Anything less than a B overall will be extremely disappointing because I've worked really hard

any tips? I just hope this paper is more theoretical, and not too much "how Science works questions?" Paper 1 through me because there was just so much guesswork involved. I want to be asked about Biology, not some calculating puzzle for God's sake!

I'm just gathering some revision notes, so thanks for the ones posted up on the first page, they look great, heres some flash cards I found:
http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/as_level_biology_unit_2_edexcel#s=1

So far, my worst exam has been Biology, and although I was quite complacent at the beginning of the year, from January I have worked considerably harder, its like all my year will be wasted if I don't do well, I know I can do resits, but I don't want to resit both 6BIO1 and 6BIO2, that'll just be too much

:frown:

Hey! The link is great! I found another one that I was using and it's really good too!

http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/edexcel_biology_unit_2_notes

It's literally the WHOLE of unit 2 summarised with great detail still. It would be helpful :smile:

And don't worry about the paper. It'll be fine. You sound like you've revised your butt off so it will be fruitful :smile: Don't fret!
xo
Reply 52
Original post by This Honest
How was unit 1 like?
A lot of content or how science works e.g graphs data

I did my exam in January and it had mostly content...
Reply 53
I posted a link earlier and I just realised that those who don't have an account won't be able to access it so I'm going to attach the notes here. Although it would be advisable to sign up for that site cause it has very helpful notes!! :smile:

http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/edexcel_biology_unit_2_notes

Oh! And the attached notes are in parts so follow the number order! It's a continuous file but I had to break it down cause it was too big to upload altogether. Follow the numbers for it to make sense and part 5 is split into two cause it was too big still :P
I DON'T OWN THE NOTES AND I DIDN;T WRITE THEM!

Hope they helped and if they don't open or something just tell me and I can email it to you. Send me your address in my inbox though! There was also an audio of the notes that was too big to upload here so if you want it and learn better by listening send me your email in my inbox! ONLY MY INBOX please cause if it's on here I won't bother to sift through pages to find it :/ I'm too lazy. If you do inbox me specify what you would like okay? Once again I don't own the notes and I didn't make them :biggrin:

Seriously hope this helps!!

xo
Reply 54
Does anyone have a definitions list? :smile:
Reply 55
Could someone please explain what bacteriostatic and bacteruosidal me an s ?
Reply 56
Original post by abbas1994
Does anyone have a definitions list? :smile:

I don't think these are all of them but they might help! :smile:

Okay I found I list of all of them!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 57
I found all the DEFINITIONS!!!

Note that they are for unit 1 and 2 combined!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 58
This list may help too! :smile:
Original post by This Honest
Smashed June 11 :cool:

Need to do jan 10, jun 10 and jan 12

Could you upload the June 11 paper, please? :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending