The Student Room Group

Chemistry Unit 2 Edexcel, Exam- 23rd May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by lydia12
its the sample paper

could you please upload the sample paper here .. that was would be really appreciated .. thanks ....
Original post by fifty_six
found sumthing hope it helps..

Aghh can't open that for some reason
Works now! :biggrin:
Reply 43
Does any one have the sample paper ??
Reply 44
Does anyone how how to do this question-
The enthalpy change of neutralization of an acid by an alkali is measured by adding
10.0 cm3 of hydrochloric acid to 10.0 cm3 of sodium hydroxide. 10.0 cm3
pipettes with an accuracy of ±0.04 cm3 are used to measure out both solutions.
The overall percentage error in measuring the total volume of the reaction mixture is.... i keep getting +and -0.8% when its meant to be + and -0.08% :confused::confused:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by avatar 10
Does anyone how how to do this question-
The enthalpy change of neutralization of an acid by an alkali is measured by adding
10.0 cm3 of hydrochloric acid to 10.0 cm3 of sodium hydroxide. 10.0 cm3
pipettes with an accuracy of ±0.04 cm3 are used to measure out both solutions.
The overall percentage error in measuring the total volume of the reaction mixture is.... i keep getting +and -0.8% when its meant to be + and -0.08% :confused::confused:

:holmes: I just tried it and got 0.8% aswell :beard:
Can someone tell me all the organic compounds we need to know as neither the revision guide or textbook give a list. Obviously: Alkenes; Alkanes; Alcohols; Aldehydes & Carboxylic Acids but are there anymore?
Ketones . . . :h:
Reply 48
can anyone upload the jan 2012 paper AND mark scheme please?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Lil Monkey
can anyone upload the jan 2012 paper please?

I think only teachers have access to it. I have a paper copy of it though as my teacher used it as a mock test.
Does anyone have a list of concise notes of unit 2 they could email me? I was put into the exam very late and am unprepared I have to say :/
Reply 51
Dw guyzz got the paper now :grin:
Reply 52
Original post by Clare~Bear
:holmes: I just tried it and got 0.8% aswell :beard:

I got +or -0.4% .. is that the right answer?
Original post by avipsita

Thinking about it, that should be the answer. cos the end answer is +/- you only use 0..04, not 0.08. But the person who asked it said the answer should be 0.8 :dontknow:
has anyone started past papers? and how are they going? easy or hard? :s-smilie:
I find the multiple choice ones quite easy. Though at gcse multiple choice questions consisted of 2 rediculous answers, 1 answer that could seem right if you were clueless and 1 answer that was obvious if you'd gone to the lessons. :moon: those were the days.
Reply 56
Original post by UserInvalid
has anyone started past papers? and how are they going? easy or hard? :s-smilie:

I did, and its hard :/
Reply 57
Original post by Lil Monkey
can anyone upload the jan 2012 paper AND mark scheme please?

Here you go. I got the link off xtremepapers.com :biggrin:
Reply 58
Original post by UserInvalid

I've done all of them. Sometimes they're alright... I just did the June 2011 and only lost 3 marks, but then some of them have tricky organic stuff in it, and I always seem to draw the equipment out wrong....

As long as you know your stuff well it should be alright!
Reply 59
Original post by avipsita

Yeah, that's right! How did you get it though? I kept ending up with + or - 0.8 too...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending