The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology 2 Higher 21st May Exam

How did you find the exam?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought it was pretty easy, nothing too complicated. Although in the last question where you had to say what alleles the parents had I forgot to mention the the condition was dominant... :/
Reply 2
i found it pretty easy. what about you. did u put protease and amaylase as one of ur answers?
Reply 3
Oh, and what did you put for what the person with the pond should also look at about the plant? In the end I wrote, "What it looks like" :wink: hehe
Reply 4
i put what wild life would be attracted haha :wink:
Reply 5
did u put protease and amaylase as one of ur answers?
Reply 6
And I got that, it was for the what else is made in the pancreas other than lipase, yes?
Reply 7
yes, phew! and sis u get insulin and pancreas for one of your answers
Reply 8
Yh, the insulin controls the glucose levels, and it's produced in the pancreas... i think :P
Reply 9
I swear the last question wasnt on the syllabus! we were meant to learn about huntingtons disease and cystic fibrosis! :P
Reply 10
Yh I know! but it wasn't that difficult to work out...
Reply 11
it was difficult for me haha! it didnt say if it was dominant or recessive though did that matter? i probably just read the question wrong.... :frown:
Reply 12
answer was Hh and Hh and hyou had to say 75% chance of getting that disease. the other 25% was normal. unofficial mark scheme anyone?
Original post by acsecnarf
I swear the last question wasnt on the syllabus! we were meant to learn about huntingtons disease and cystic fibrosis! :P

Yeah it wasn't on the syllabus but it was just a case of working it out. I said that the condition was caused by a dominant allele and that A and B would both have Hh genotypes.
Reply 14
can someone please explain to me the last question? I'm panicking :frown: i put Hh and Hh.. but im really not sure...
Reply 15
I did a diagram for Hh and Hh but didnt really use scientific language to explain it... ah well hopefully they'll ge the gist :smile:
Reply 16
What did you guys write for the carbon cycle question? :/
Reply 17
Original post by frank35
can someone please explain to me the last question? I'm panicking :frown: i put Hh and Hh.. but im really not sure...

thats correct! well done! u had to say 75% have the disease. 25% are normal.
Reply 18
Original post by AnyRandomName
Yeah it wasn't on the syllabus but it was just a case of working it out. I said that the condition was caused by a dominant allele and that A and B would both have Hh genotypes.

That what I got, but the problem was that I forgot to mention that the dominant allele caused it :angry: Oh well... did anyone get for the very last question that you had no way of knowing that they went with probability which meant that it could have been either HH or Hh?
My whole school flopped it... Even though the paper was easy exlcluding the last question... I hope the grade boundaries are low.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending