The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F212 (Molecules, Biodiversity, Food and Health)- 21st May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AS01
I said just look at the intensity of the colour of solution if darker then more sugar present if light then less.
What did you keep why they are said models?

i said for models due to specific active site and specific substrate ???
did you put like me for the non reducing?
Reply 4481
Original post by AS01
I don't know but as far as I reckon its just 5 of them

habitat.
Reply 4482
Original post by otrivine
wait only said write nutriton write? so only wrote heterotrophic?

ya dats right I don't even know why I wrote parasitic. :biggrin:
then what did you keep for the organism that had divided nuclei or sth and have strands? I kept fungi
Reply 4483
The identity of a new species??? I couldn't decide between Fungi / Protoctist but put fungi down at the last minute?
Original post by MrMeep2580
You can't caculate transmission without a calorimeter, I said use different concentrations of reducing sugars and use them to compare and find a qualative or quantative result :smile:

is my method wrong you think not even 1 mark for stop watch and using light ?
Original post by werty321
I wrote exactly the same, but then dnt know with ocr, questions on enzymes were totally out of spec, well at least didnt fit the past paper pattern.

I put these aswell, to begin with i put crap about the size of fish and stuff then realised xD
i said that they were models as the were like representives of what goes on in the body of an organism,, deffo wrong
What did people put for that, question when it was asking what organism it was?! Had is had multiple nucleus and thread like structures through the cytoplasm or something, i put fungi? :frown:

annd i found it really hard! nothing on the immune system i was well annoyed about that! I guess my dreams of becoming a dentist are down the drain :frown: :puppyeyes::puppyeyes::puppyeyes::puppyeyes:
Reply 4488
Original post by Corryms
habitat.

ya thats the one :colondollar:
for the type of nutrtion for prokaryota...i wrote saprophytic.
Reply 4490
In question 7, what was the definition of the last word?

I put biodiversity, but it could've been species evenness :P
Reply 4491
Original post by Ry_p94
The identity of a new species??? I couldn't decide between Fungi / Protoctist but put fungi down at the last minute?

i put protoctist.
didn't have a clue.

To be fair, I learn the entire exam content in one weekend.
Reply 4492
Original post by jawsonthefloor
What did people put for that, question when it was asking what organism it was?! Had is had multiple nucleus and thread like structures through the cytoplasm or something, i put fungi? :frown:

annd i found it really hard! nothing on the immune system i was well annoyed about that! I guess my dreams of becoming a dentist are down the drain :frown: :puppyeyes::puppyeyes::puppyeyes::puppyeyes:

ya kept fungi
Original post by Conifer100
OMG WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT I DID ALL THE PAST PAPERS AND I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT BEFORE, it was awful. I almost started crying and I didn't even finish either!!!

You've just summarised EXACTLY how I feel!
Original post by AS01
ya dats right I don't even know why I wrote parasitic. :biggrin:
then what did you keep for the organism that had divided nuclei or sth and have strands? I kept fungi

yes i wrote fungi as well :wink:
what did you do that was funny the song lyric lool !
did you put selective breeding , inbredding isolation ?>
Reply 4495
for the antibiotics one i crossed out antibiotics and put drugs :/ silly silly silly!!!1
for the reducing sugar question you needed to have said you do the benedict test, get the precipitate , filter it, weigh and and compare it to calibration graph you did earlier using data from known glucose concentrations. i think weight on x axis and conc. on y axis
I think it was fungi but I hope it wasn't because I just realised I put protoctista fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Reply 4498
Original post by otrivine
yes i wrote fungi as well :wink:
what did you do that was funny the song lyric lool !
did you put selective breeding , inbredding isolation ?>

yup talked about artificial selection and stuff
what did you keep for why they are said models and why induced fit accepted?
Reply 4499
Original post by Crowseph
For the question about similarities and differences between agarose and amylose...

I put they are both straight chain, i.e. neither of them are branched
And that Agarose has 1-3 glycosidic bonds as well as 1-4 bonds, whereas amylose just has 1-4 bonds.

Do you think this is right???

I dont understand why no one write that similarity is that they both are polysaccahrides

and difference is that agarose has more than one component sugar where amylose is just contains alpha glucose

this is the right answer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending