The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F212 (Molecules, Biodiversity, Food and Health)- 21st May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4520
The question with the song lyrics, WAS THERE ANY NEED??? - just a load of irrelevant information designed to put you off.

I bet the examiners thought they were being funny... faggots
Reply 4521
This exam was not pleasant, I think the government has told the examiners to make the papers harder every year to reduce the number of applications for university, they have already increased tuition fees to 9k :|
Reply 4522
Original post by heartLDN
I hope the examiners will learn from this for the Chemistry F322 Paper for Wednesday...

Yeah I doubt it.

These papers will have been written before we even started studying the unit so haha guessing not. I also remember last time thinking nothing could be worse than biology, then bam, chemistry.
Reply 4523
Original post by kj14
I dont understand why no one write that similarity is that they both are polysaccahrides

and difference is that agarose has more than one component sugar where amylose is just contains alpha glucose

this is the right answer

There's more than one right answer, it's a structure question and anything you say that's valid gets a mark.
Reply 4524
by the way do you guys know when the paper and unofficial mark scheme will be uploaded on here?
Original post by loser_like_me
did anyone else write that they give animals antibiotics for the farming one???????

i wrote steroids :K:
yours seems right though
Reply 4526
Original post by otrivine
for models i said specific active site and specific substrate
had no idea for why accpeted just put a random thing ?

for model I said they cannot see enzyme catalysing reaction in a cell so you just using models to explain how it might work. could have been better if I had said it was just a hypothesis
for that one why favoured in exm hall I could remember my teacher talking about it bt just did not remember what was the reason I could even see her face lol!!
but later thought that she said something like substrate do not alwaz have complementary shape so enzyme have to change shape. :biggrin:
Reply 4527
What did you guys get for the differences in DNA for the fish and enzyme for the first page or two?
Haha I loved the question with the folk lyrics. I bet OCR put that it because they knew how awful the exam was and wanted to cheer us up a bit :P What did everyone put for the models question at the beginning?
Reply 4529
Was it polysaccharide or cellulose???

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4530
Original post by Theafricanlegend
hhahaha yes we meet again! did the same sunshine love you <3:colondollar:

haha ya it did. I liked the paper.
how was urs?
can someone put my mind at rest lmfao
for the way methods changed when breeding cattle since the eighteenth century or some ****,
i put antibiotics, crossed it out and put artificial insemination
AKLSAESOHJ is this even slightly correct
p.s so ****ed
Reply 4532
I jut looked at some AQA past papers, and they are SOOOO easy compared to OCR, seriously, they actually ask you what you've revised for
http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-BIOL2-W-QP-JUN11.PDF
Reply 4533
Original post by marouf
Was it polysaccharide or cellulose???

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

poly
Reply 4534
you're not going to get anywhere with that, i found it easy so its just about what you learnt and what you chose to ignore
No point complaining, if it was a genuinely hard paper the grade boundaries will reflect that :smile:
Original post by CJRO
It was all on the syllabus, do not doubt that for one minute. They may have applied it to a different situation, like the elastic in the lungs for induced fit enzymes, but it was all in there. Some of the stuff was also 'how science works' or the green pages, which for some reason people believe not to be part of the syllabus.

Awkward moment when my (trainee) biology teacher told us to ignore the "crappy green pages" in the textbook! Thankfully, I ignored his brilliant advice...
I don't think they should make these pages a different colour, it makes people automatically think they're separate/irrelevant.
Reply 4537
Original post by Corryms
non-competitive inhibitors

are you sure thats the answer coz I think my teacher said something like substrate alwaz not complementary to active site while she taught us about induced fit
Reply 4538
Original post by MrMeep2580
I thought that instead of cytoplasm fungi had mycelium, so i put protoctist :frown:

what questionw as that?
Original post by AS01
for model I said they cannot see enzyme catalysing reaction in a cell so you just using models to explain how it might work. could have been better if I had said it was just a hypothesis
for that one why favoured in exm hall I could remember my teacher talking about it bt just did not remember what was the reason I could even see her face lol!!
but later thought that she said something like substrate do not alwaz have complementary shape so enzyme have to change shape. :biggrin:

m i wrong ? snap and for the question on induced fit 5 marks like example of elastin i talked about induced fit but instead os sayin gsubstrate said elastin . and said like collision binds opposite charge group leaves strain on substrate molecule (elastin) e.t.c

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending