The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Being physically attractive is a good thing!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
As much as I may not agree with it, I think we do live in a very materialistc society that does rate looks very highly.
Reply 21
Original post by im so academic
Any decent man would want a hot girl.

Maybe to date for a while, but long term?

[video="youtube;Qh9ZZgDqzAg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh9ZZgDqzAg[/video]
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Id and Ego seek
What's the next step?

Going down the gym.
Original post by ThatPerson
Actually if I had the choice between an size 8 unemployed person and a obese doctor I would chose neither. You're looking at 2 extreme ends of the scale. Also, why would you want someone who is unemployed by choice(if it was out of their hands I could sympathise.

I like sex with attractive women more than spending time with intelligent fat people.
Reply 24
601 applicants in an online survey is hardly a good sample. Those 601 people are more likely to have responded because they are affected by the issue, which means they are not neccessarily representitive of the general population.

Additionally "wiping out dieting" is a stupid concept. Where does dieting begin and end? People forget the meaning of the word diet.

Also, "One in three men would sacrifice a year of life to achieve their ideal body"

Sacrifice? How do you define sacrificing a year?
I agree with you OP - appearance is the most important thing.

I say we scrap the education we have now and the academic side should just be about the basics of English and Maths with a new curriculum that places a lot of emphasis on appearance and how you present yourself to others, e.g. *hours* of sport every day and elocution lessons.

You can only study academic subjects if you are deemed "good enough" for the opposite sex.

Who actually gives a **** about you if you're not beautiful? It's the truth.

I bet I'm going to get a lot of posts saying about "it's not the most important thing", "it's personality that counts". But who will the posts be written by? Women and desperate men.

Any decent man would want a hot girl.

Eight red gems not enough for you ISA? :biggrin:
Reply 26
Original post by A.J10
601 applicants in an online survey is hardly a good sample. Those 601 people are more likely to have responded because they are affected by the issue, which means they are not neccessarily representitive of the general population.

Sampling rigour in my BBC? Get out of here.
Reply 27
Is it racist if I say to me black girls are unattractive?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 28
Original post by chapman.
Is it racist if I say to me black girls are unattractive?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Not technically, because you have said "to me" however you could probably phrase that better. "I personally am not attracted to black girls" sounds a lot less likely to set off the trigger happy "Racist!" alarms.
Original post by mimx
Maybe to date for a while, but long term?

[video="youtube;Qh9ZZgDqzAg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh9ZZgDqzAg[/video]

Yes, in order to be happy for the long term, a guy needs a hot girl.
Reply 30
Being slim isn't the same as being attractive :s-smilie:
Besides if everyone was attractive you (and your attractive friends) wouldn't feel special any more.
We should encourage health, evolution already favours attractive people.
Reply 31
Original post by Courtney05
As much as I may not agree with it, I think we do live in a very materialistc society that does rate looks very highly.

^agreed, but at least its sorts out the majority of people who i dont want to be around easily.

Anyway, wow so many airheads in this thread. I can't even be bothered to waste my efforts elaborating. But OP, you're stating only your opinion. I would certainly get with an obese doctor over a slim, unemployed person if they were equal in all other aspects. ...and this is coming from a size 8 girl. medical student.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
I saw this on the BBC as well and i thought something similar. Its not exactly a good thing to be fat just as much as its not a good thing to be too thin, and if magazines want good looking people to model in them, then why not? Its obviously the girls' problem who go mental over being thin, or else every girl would be getting anorexic? We just need to teach daughters to be confident and eat healthy or whatever
Original post by Niassuh
Being slim isn't the same as being attractive :s-smilie:
Besides if everyone was attractive you (and your attractive friends) wouldn't feel special any more.
We should encourage health, evolution already favours attractive people.

Size 10 girls are hotter than size 18 girls.
If you are fat, you are by default unhealthy.
Original post by tpxvs
I would certainly get with an obese doctor over a slim, unemployed person if they were equal in all other aspects. ...and this is coming from a size 8 girl. medical student.

:rofl::rofl:
Enjoy being laughed at in the street and having ugly kids.
Reply 35
We are the society, when people say we live in a bla bla bla society it doesn't exactly mean anything; what you mean is that we live in a society where majority of the people are easily jealous and have not much meaning in life
Reply 36
This morning on TV these women were talking about how celebrity culture is so bad as it encourages girls to diet and become obsessed with their weight.

Yes, it is not healthy to be obsessed with your weight but what the failed to address is that the girls that they interviewed/consulted about this celebrity thing, were overweight.

Baffles me.
Reply 37
Yes, in order to be happy for the long term, a guy needs a hot girl.

I'd rather have a not ugly, but not super attractive, reliable/respectable girl for the long term and to start a family with.

Plus a procession of hot girlfriends on the side.

Why you gotta be so black and white about it?
Reply 38
I like how the OP consistently relates attractiveness to size.

Attractiveness is subjective, remember that
Reply 39
It annoys me how people use the anorexia/eating disorder thing to excuse their unhealthiness.

I used to know a girl who was very much overweight, but I can't put the blame on her as we were very young - I blame her mother who used to give her chips every night. Her mother always used the excuse as to not to face her daughter's weight problem "because if she did she would give her an eating disorder".

People fail to realise that anorexia is a mental disorder embedded in your brain - not everyone has it or will get it - regardless of whether you were fat or skinny before you acquired it.

Latest

Trending

Trending