Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Firmers 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by hannah_dru
Not all of them are but I know German Language Skills always is. There's a certain number you can pick.

Ah cool, I'm just not really that keen on literature. That's why I kinda preferred Aston to my other unis, cause I was told it's more language-orientated. :smile:
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by JakeE10
Ah cool, I'm just not really that keen on literature. That's why I kinda preferred Aston to my other unis, cause I was told it's more language-orientated. :smile:

Me neither, that's why I picked it :smile: I didn't mind reading before then (I do now, thanks final year) but I don't like studying it so much.
Reply 42
Me neither, that's why I picked it :smile: I didn't mind reading before then (I do now, thanks final year) but I don't like studying it so much.

I hate literature if I'm honest, that's why I didn't firm Leeds as there seemed to be so much of it involved, whereas Aston seems to be much more practical and business-orientated with a much better placement year :biggrin:

Do you know if there's any compulsory literature included in the language degrees or is there none at all? :smile:
Original post by JakeE10
I hate literature if I'm honest, that's why I didn't firm Leeds as there seemed to be so much of it involved, whereas Aston seems to be much more practical and business-orientated with a much better placement year :biggrin:

Do you know if there's any compulsory literature included in the language degrees or is there none at all? :smile:

Yeah I think it is.

We had 1 book to read in 2nd year which got changed the next year to a different one. It was part of German Language Skills.
Reply 44
Yeah I think it is.

We had 1 book to read in 2nd year which got changed the next year to a different one. It was part of German Language Skills.

Ah right ok, I'll do it if I have to :tongue: lol.

What's Lakeside like by the way? Cause you lived there right?
Is it nice accommodation? :smile:
Original post by JakeE10
Ah right ok, I'll do it if I have to :tongue: lol.

What's Lakeside like by the way? Cause you lived there right?
Is it nice accommodation? :smile:

I was there for 2 years and I thought it was really nice, especially the spacious kitchens. There weren't too many fire alarms though most were at the start of 1st year.
Reply 46
I was there for 2 years and I thought it was really nice, especially the spacious kitchens. There weren't too many fire alarms though most were at the start of 1st year.

Which is the most sociable accommodation would you say? I'd hate to be in one which is really quiet :rolleyes:

:smile:
Original post by JakeE10
Which is the most sociable accommodation would you say? I'd hate to be in one which is really quiet :rolleyes:

:smile:

I don't think there is one, it's what you make of it. Everyone goes on about Lakeside being quiet and antisocial but we had loads of people over in first year.
I guess most people are now gonna wanna stay in the New Build.
Reply 48
Someone should make a facebook page for 2012 firmers :biggrin:
Original post by JakeE10
Someone should make a facebook page for 2012 firmers :biggrin:

Spotted loads. Search "Aston freshers 2012-2013".
Reply 50
Spotted loads. Search "Aston freshers 2012-2013".

ah yeah i found one, cheers :biggrin:
Reply 51
Anyone who's firmed add me on facebook if you want - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000650337035 :biggrin:
Original post by JakeE10
ah yeah i found one, cheers :biggrin:

No problem :smile:
Reply 53
Just done my accommodation application.

New build 7
Lakeside
New build 5
Stafford
AHHH THIS IS SO EXCITING!

I have firmed Aston for Business and Management, and have applied to;

1) Lakeside
2) New Build (7)
3) New Build (5)
4) Stafford... though I REALLY don't want to go there.
Reply 55
im just about to graduate from BAM and have loved my time here!! your all going to love it :biggrin:
Firmed Aston for Pharmacy. Now fingers crossed that i get the grades! It seems AWESOME!!
woop woop finally got all my offers so i was able to firm aston for biomedical science!!! excited!!! now all i have to do is the accomodation form!!
anyone else for biomedical science or mature students out there firmed aston yet?
Reply 58
Original post by cathjones28
woop woop finally got all my offers so i was able to firm aston for biomedical science!!! excited!!! now all i have to do is the accomodation form!!
anyone else for biomedical science or mature students out there firmed aston yet?

i've firmed biomed, lakeside as first choice
Reply 59
I'm a bit late posting on this!
I've firmed Aston to do German.
Accomodation first choice is Lakeside, and I can't remember the rest!

Quick Reply

Latest