The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

How lenient is university of Exeter

If I got A*AB for an offer from Exeter of AAA, would my place be accepted?
The course is business and management
(edited 3 years ago)
What course are you doing there? I would say it depends on the course and if it has special requirements
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I think so. Exeter is my insurance, and I need A*AB to meet my offer, but in clearing they only require AAB. This is for Economics, btw, so a pretty competitive course.
Original post by SaraB12345
If I got A*AB for an offer from Exeter of AAA, would my place be accepted?
The course is business and management

Hi @SaraB12345,

Thank you for your question. It depends year on year how flexible we can be. One year, if everyone achieves their original offer then we will be stricter, in another year if the majority of students narrowly missed their offer then we may look to be more flexible. So it really depends on how the whole cohort of applicants do come results day. There is a bit more leniency for students who over achieve in one subject and narrowly miss out on another as it does even out but again this is dependent on how many students have met their original offer terms and if we still have places once they have all gained their place. So it is possible, but impossible for us to predict until results day. Sorry I cannot give you a firmer answer but hopefully this reassures you a bit.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Reply 4
Hey I know this is an old thread but did you get in? I’m in a similar situation right now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending