The Student Room Group

Is it bad to hold your poo ?

Is it bad to hold in your poo and does it harm you in any way ? Whenever I hold in my poo because I can't go around others or its too embarrassing I always end with tummy pains and have loose stool after not going for a day or two . Is this normal??
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Is it bad to hold in your poo and does it harm you in any way ? Whenever I hold in my poo because I can't go around others or its too embarrassing I always end with tummy pains and have loose stool after not going for a day or two . Is this normal??

Don't hold your poo in any longer than necessary.
That's why you having stomach pains because you are holding your poo in far too long.

Everyone is completely different when it comes to there toilet issues especially poo 💩 it's not unusual not to go for a poo 💩 for a few days as lots of this is down to what you are eating plus how your body digestive system works for excess.
Use gloves???
Reply 3
Original post by Tracey_W
Don't hold your poo in any longer than necessary.
That's why you having stomach pains because you are holding your poo in far too long.

Everyone is completely different when it comes to there toilet issues especially poo 💩 it's not unusual not to go for a poo 💩 for a few days as lots of this is down to what you are eating plus how your body digestive system works for excess.

Yes the pains always go after passing a bowel movement. It's just my poo is often sudden and watery when I haven't been is this because I've held it too long ?
Reply 4
Yes the pains always go after passing a bowel movement. It's just my poo is often sudden and watery when I haven't been is this because I've held it too long ?

Possibly is the reason you having pains.
Reply 5
I think so it is very bold to me if you hold your Poo in front of anyone ...

if you hold your poo in for too long you explode
Reply 7
Original post by Scientist66
if you hold your poo in for too long you explode

If a scientist says this... it must be true! So don't risk explosion! Also forget wearing gloves...just don't hold it. Straight in a toilet and don't look back....
Original post by Anonymous #1

Don't mess with your body's mechanisms. If you need to pee or poop do so immediately for your comfort and to prevent potential damage.
The reason it becomes loose is watery stool flows around more solid stool that can't be passed or is being held in.

Holding it in too long makes it firmer as more fluid is absorbed out of it. In turn makes it more painful.

There's also an outside chance of urinary retention or bowel perforation too.
brojob really called it "stool" ROFL, cracked me up I cant lie. Sigmas unite 🍷
Try not to hold your poo in. if you need to go in a public place, put some tissue paper in the bowl if you dont want anyone hearing the 'splash'. And should you trump then stay in the cubicle for a bit until next door leaves if you are embarassed they think its you.

Quick Reply

Latest