The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 4 (6BI04) - 15 June 2012 - Official Exam Discussion Thread!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by MartinK84
They always do, If you dont provide units, the plain figures worth 0 marks.

awkward :L i was considering putting them but i thought if i did they would mark me down if they were wrong
Reply 901
Original post by ellie3
awkward :L i was considering putting them but i thought if i did they would mark me down if they were wrong

If something that is not needed is wrong, they would usually ignore it unless you are contradicting youself in the same part of the question.
Reply 902
Original post by M Kh
They asked what is meant by active immunity. And, btw, vaccination is artificial active immunity.

No I mean the bit about the piglets. Surely that would be natural passive immunity as the antibodies were passed through the placenta?

That's why piglets from Group A had a higher level of Antibodies than B. and B had natrual active immunity as they didn't receive the vaccination?
Reply 903
Original post by M Kh
If something that is not needed is wrong, they would usually ignore it unless you are contradicting youself in the same part of the question.

:frown: nvm as soon as i walked out of the exam i knew i was going to have to resit the year anyway. Tbf though they dont give you marks even if you have the right answer. I got my paper back for the last one and there was a question about antibiotics and i put bactericidal kills bacteria bacteriostatic stops them reproducing. Basically word for word in the mark scheme and i got 1 mark instead of 2 :L
I despise edexcel with a passion. Their marks schemes are ridiculous; you could have the same question written on two different papers, and they'd want completely different answers for each one.

This paper was an absolute nightmare - I've never had problems with timing before but I had about 20 marks missed out 5 minutes from the end of the exam. Not happy!
Original post by Lala4321
No I mean the bit about the piglets. Surely that would be natural passive immunity as the antibodies were passed through the placenta?

That's why piglets from Group A had a higher level of Antibodies than B. and B had natrual active immunity as they didn't receive the vaccination?

Pretty sure the piglets had been given vaccines in Group A? Because they all started off with the same amount of antibodies, if Group A had natural passive immunity (which btw is the type transfered through placenta) then they would not have had the same amount of antibodies as Group B.

Edit: sorry misread what you wrote, yeah Group B would have had natural passive immunity
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 906
i wrote about vaccination too..... :/
Reply 907
Who is seriously considering about writing an email to Edexcel?
Reply 908
I just emailed a complaint letter to edexcel! hope they do soemthing about it!
Reply 909
Original post by tania<3
Pretty sure the piglets had been given vaccines in Group A? Because they all started off with the same amount of antibodies, if Group A had natural passive immunity (which btw is the type transfered through placenta) then they would not have had the same amount of antibodies as Group B.

Edit: sorry misread what you wrote, yeah Group B would have had natural passive immunity

i dont think the piglets weren't given the vaccination...

they got breast fed, from their mothers whereas B's parents didn't get vacinated thus starred off with a lower antibody count. but then built up their own natural active immunity - i wrote something similar to that
Reply 910
Original post by d_94
Who is seriously considering about writing an email to Edexcel?

yup! DEFINITELY considering it!
Reply 911
The time read 10:00 and I casually flicked through the rest of the questions I had to answer and then my face just dropped.
The paper was sooo freaking long compared to all the other past papers and I felt like the paper was filled with questions that where so vague. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh >.<
hate hate hate edexcel!!! :angry:
Reply 912
Original post by Caassaa
The time read 10:00 and I casually flicked through the rest of the questions I had to answer and then my face just dropped.
The paper was sooo freaking long compared to all the other past papers and I felt like the paper was filled with questions that where so vague. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh >.<
hate hate hate edexcel!!! :angry:

defo, vague paper - loads of marks for questions like what is a niche, or why do their tentacles contract, then literally none for some massive questions =/
Original post by VRS
i dont think the piglets weren't given the vaccination...

they got breast fed, from their mothers whereas B's parents didn't get vacinated thus starred off with a lower antibody count. but then built up their own natural active immunity - i wrote something similar to that

Oh. Hmm I guess I just misread that question then :s oops.
Original post by VRS
defo, vague paper - loads of marks for questions like what is a niche, or why do their tentacles contract, then literally none for some massive questions =/

Yeah. :sadnod:
Reply 915
Original post by tania<3
Oh. Hmm I guess I just misread that question then :s oops.

nope. dont worry. i might have =/ sooo vague... that paper was long. but dw about it, no one knows fully until mark schemes come out - dont sweat it!
Reply 916
Original post by MartinK84
They always do, If you dont provide units, the plain figures worth 0 marks.

i'm sure they didn't say 'state the units' as they usually would :/
they would have given us a bigger space to write it than just a short dotted line
Reply 917
also guys is it just me or did no core practical come up?
I am most likely going to write a complaint too. It was just ridiculous.

With the pig question, I don't know whether antibiotics is valid as they are measuring the antiobodies for the specific disease.
Also the units were dm3/day surely as they produced do many litres of methane a day
Original post by user3456
also guys is it just me or did no core practical come up?

:gasp: That's a good point!
I don't remember any questions on any of the core pracs.

They bloody asked about sea creatures and pigs instead. :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending