The Student Room Group

Tia Sharp's body found in her Grandmother's house

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Even if the mum/grandmother weren't involved in Tia's death, they are still responsible for welcoming such an unsavoury character into her life. Disgusting.
People discussing how people could miss the fact that she was dead for a week... surely it's possible that either she wasn't dead for a week, or that she was somewhere else and, because the house had been searched three times, the grandparents assumed they were safe and took the body? I mean, it's all just speculation and got to be careful not to make too many damaging accusations, but it's a possibility :dontknow:
Original post by UniversalAutocrat
P.S.

I'm suprised that there's been nothing whatsoever on Tia on TSR - is everyone just following the Olympics while life goes on? :rolleyes:

hu has time to think about little girls gettin killed when usane bolts runnin? fuken sick.
Original post by _Shmiley
All of my family said from the start he was guilty and shifty. The fact someone said they saw her leave the house doesn't mean a lot, if someone is pressed a lot they will worry and think they saw them and maybe get the dates mixed up, doesn't dismiss the fact he murdered his granddaughter. Did anyone else notice how they said that Tia had been staying there less and less when she used to stay every weekend? Leads me to think he may have been touching her and she threatened to tell....

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Innocent until proven guilty, eh?

With four searches in the week before today, I find it hard to believe the body was there the whole time but then why bring it back to the house?

So sad for her :frown:
Reply 104
Really makes you think, dosent it. Could you do this to your granddaughter?
Original post by SirMasterKey
Innocent until proven guilty, eh?

With four searches in the week before today, I find it hard to believe the body was there the whole time but then why bring it back to the house?

So sad for her :frown:

Maybe because it had been searched, and so he/they thought it wouldn't be searched again? Just a thought.

It's horrendous to think that the (step)grandfather could have done it, especially after the interviews given. I just don't know how people can do that.
But of course, it doesn't look good for him considering he 'went missing'. He's clearly got something to hide.

I thought earlier this week though that there was something not quite right about the case. The media just kept mentioning that they were speaking to him 'as a witness'. It was repeated so often. My mum and I said like, they're making a big deal about him, something's not right with what he's saying.

Original post by ch0llima

As for not "formally identifying" the body, well, sorry to sound harsh or presumptious but who else could it be?

Yeah, this is kind of ridiculous. They are still not saying that it's Tia. Everyone knows it has to be her because if it isn't, then it's another child, and that would be serious news.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by S1L3NTPR3Y
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19214970

They found him, obviously at this time they just want to question him; but at the moment the way the news has reported it looks very like he did it.

I'd say so. If he had nothing to hide, why would he court the media while talking about her in the past tense then suddenly do a runner to quite some distance away when the police come close to finding the body?

Even if he isn't responsible, that is still mighty suspicious and the CID in particular have finely honed BS detectors.

Original post by katehlouise
Yeah, this is kind of ridiculous. They are still not saying that it's Tia. Everyone knows it has to be her because if it isn't, then it's another child, and that would be serious news.

I think it's to do with formal identification by the family as the police would have recognised her immediately. They won't make a formal announcement until this has been done, I don't think.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by katehlouise
Maybe because it had been searched, and so he/they thought it wouldn't be searched again? Just a thought.

It's horrendous to think that the (step)grandfather could have done it, especially after the interviews given. I just don't know how people can do that.
But of course, it doesn't look good for him considering he 'went missing'. He's clearly got something to hide.

I thought earlier this week though that there was something not quite right about the case. The media just kept mentioning that they were speaking to him 'as a witness'. It was repeated so often. My mum and I said like, they're making a big deal about him, something's not right with what he's saying.

Oh aye, he's very fishy but people on here have already placed judgement, which is wrong. He could very well be involved but who knows until it is found out, in what role. For example, and I hate to imagine it, what if he was in a minor role. Tia never left the house and then it was the grandmother when she got home? People on here have reckoned that she knew that Tia was dead. He knows it happens this way but can't have the blame placed totally on him. I'll reserve my judgement on a strange strange family until there is evidence proofing what happened. Hopefully justice will prevail.
Original post by ch0llima
I think it's to do with formal identification by the family as the police would have recognised her immediately. They won't make a formal announcement until this has been done, I don't think.

Yeah, understandable.

Oh aye, he's very fishy but people on here have already placed judgement, which is wrong. He could very well be involved but who knows until it is found out, in what role. For example, and I hate to imagine it, what if he was in a minor role. Tia never left the house and then it was the grandmother when she got home? People on here have reckoned that she knew that Tia was dead. He knows it happens this way but can't have the blame placed totally on him. I'll reserve my judgement on a strange strange family until there is evidence proofing what happened. Hopefully justice will prevail.

Very true. I'd like to think we were wrong and it isn't him, but then that would put the blame on the rest of the family and well... that isn't a nice thought either!
The media seems very set on pointing the blame on him though, and that's definitely having an influence on everyone else. I think they've pointed the blame towards him throughout the whole case.
Reply 109
Hmmmm, they did actually search the house before though.
Me thinks the body was moved there after a few searches as they thought they were safe.

Knew this scummy bastard had something to do with it from the start. Lack of eye contact in his appeal and I just had a feeling.
Why would he do it though? Why?
Reply 110
He could very well be involved but who knows until it is found out, in what role. For example, and I hate to imagine it, what if he was in a minor role. Tia never left the house and then it was the grandmother when she got home?

They obviously believe he was reasonably involved because they put out a clear warning he should not be approached because he could be violent. If he was an innocent bystander who got caught up in the situation why would they think he posed a real dangerous risk to the public? They obviously he believe he was involved in some way in a violent element for the police to issue that warning. Whether he acted alone or not remains to be seen.

Also as a side note they have to be really careful about accusing people of being murderers since the Joanna Yeates/Levveson Inquiry so the press wouldn't be insinuating it was him so blatantly unless there was good reason (ie. evidence) to.
I think that people should reserve judgement for now until there's been a proper questioning, because as someone said before, we don't know if it was just him, or if there were others involved or something that no one's yet mentioned has happened. The way the media has written their articles on this seems to straight away point the finger at Hazell with not much substantial evidence yet. I think that the family should be heavily questioned, but at the moment it would be wrong to make assumptions on linking small bits of evidence together. That being said, something is suspicious, that the body wasn't found the previous couple of searches especially.
Original post by Jack93o
I knew this would happen. Things that ran my alarm bells:

- news reported her grandma has a boyfriend
- which implied that the grandma was young-ish
- which implied that this household was somewhat disfunctional
- which implied similarities with the case of shannon matthews
- which implied family members were involved

also the fact that the guy (grandma's boyfriend) went on camera to appeal for help straight after he was put under the spotlight, I knew right away that the guy was fishy as ****. When will these idiots ever learn? It was the same with the case in Derby where a house with about 10 kids was burned and it turned out that the parents were involved :rolleyes:

You should be a detective :biggrin:
Reply 113
I guess it confirmed what a lot of us were thinking!!!!!

It's interesting that a '46-year-old woman' has been arrested. I have a horrible feeling it's her grandmother :frown: poor kid.
Original post by harvester94
No I do not pretend to fit in with anyone. It is awful news and I do not know the poor girl so how can I care about her? but most people do not in the same they would for someone they know but because humans can be compassionate and we all have little cousins, nieces and nephews and sometimes we see how easily out life can be snuffed out. She was just a little girl.

You on the other hand have your way of thinking but do not go assuming what most people are thinking. You are wrong and clearly a loner.

Funny just went out with my friends yesterday? Time to go out, keyboard warrior xP
Original post by madders94
Or maybe, as ridiculous as it sounds, people are horrified that this could happen. My brother is 12 and whilst he tries to act grown up we know he's still just a kid and the thought of what could have happened to Tia happening to him is just horrifying. Anyway, regardless of whether you care or not, keep your jokes to yourself or post them on Sickipedia where mature people don't need to see them.

Oooh someone's mad :wink:
Reply 118
Original post by Lil Piranha
It's interesting that a '46-year-old woman' has been arrested. I have a horrible feeling it's her grandmother :frown: poor kid.

Same here. I was hoping against hope that her grandma be wouldn't among them, guess we might be wrong...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 119
Original post by meenu89
Same here. I was hoping against hope that her grandma wouldn't among them, guess we might be wrong...

I think it's very unlikely that she wouldn't have known about it, and was probably covering for him or them. I too hope she wasn't directly involved but mainly because I keep picturing a sweet old lady, even knowing full well she is 46.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending