The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

why do people hate the police...

i think that anyone that hates the police should be banned from using any emergency services, even ambulances and hospitals

i was watching the riots episode on bbc about views on the police, and a woman was encouraging violence against them

what if her mother had been killed or raped , do you think she still would have had the same attitude towards the police.

what are your opinions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because being anti-authoritarian is "cool and "edgy"". Until you need help.
Reply 2
Because they see a few videos or hear a few stories about police officers being unfair or violent and assume all the other "pigs" are the same.
Reply 3
Because I have to keep asking myself 'is that a police car' when I'm trying to get efficiently from A to B.

All other forms of police (apart from maybe police to do with parking in some way) are fine.
Reply 4
Original post by Vazzyb
Because I have to keep asking myself 'is that a police car' when I'm trying to get efficiently from A to B.

so what if it is?

cant believe you actually hate the police

i need to become Mp and introduce a bill whereby anyone who hates the police will be denied any access to any service

even if it means finding criminals themselves or hiring people privatley
Original post by Dukeofwembley
i think that anyone that hates the police should be banned from using any emergency services, even ambulances and hospitals

i was watching the riots episode on bbc about views on the police, and a woman was encouraging violence against them

what if her mother had been killed or raped , do you think she still would have had the same attitude towards the police.

what are your opinions?

I think I saw that, and thought exactly the same thing.

It's one thing for stupid kids to talk about beating up the police, but a grown woman?

Of course some police are going to do bad things, and over-react in situations. But the majority of police officers are good people who work hard to help others, and people like her ought to remember that. The other thing is, it's only the bad stuff that's ever reported. If a police officer beats someone up, then it gets massive coverage. On the other hand, when another one does something really decent and brave to help someone, they're lucky to get a mention in the local paper.

On the whole, I'd say the police do I pretty good job.
I don't know

Cuz We NOt reppin da police init dog?!?!

edit: i dont know why i have been negged for this since it was clearly a joke
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Toomanyoptions
Cuz We NOt reppin da police init dog?!?!

I'm intrigued by your species, please specify are you a chav or just a moron?
Reply 9

what are your opinions?

It's natural and sensible to distrust anyone who has power over you, except for your parents but even that's open to debate.
Reply 10

what are your opinions?

I too do not understand why people hate the police, they'll be the first people they will turn to for help when they're in trouble. That being said, that comment I put in bold is really very stupid, such a ridiculous comment.
Original post by pinda.college
I'm intrigued by your species, please specify are you a chav or just a moron?

Your response made me laugh, and i was obviously joking. :biggrin:
Correction: "Why do the five-o hate black people?"
A lot of police act like dicks because they are the ones who have a bit of power, I have seen them deliberately provoke people a few times.
Reply 14
I have a lot of respect for any emergency service worker! It's this whole gang culture thing, it's apparently so cool to be 'street' people lose sight of the important little things like general respect.
Because clearly they're a faceless, archetypal, stone cold singularity of all evil.
Reply 16
Original post by Sternumator
A lot of police act like dicks because they are the ones who have a bit of power, I have seen them deliberately provoke people a few times.

This is true and I have seen this as well. However to be fair I have never seen the police deliberately provoke someone who is quietly minding their business. It is usually some obnoxious loud mouth who might not be doing anything technically illegal. That doesn't mean they aren't being a menace and acting like a **** wit. I can see where a police officer who had to deal with that sort of behavior on a daily basis may feel inclined to provoke someone just enough to make them react and create a legal excuse to sort them out. Just saying...
Reply 17
WHat I hate most are the people who say 'The Police shouldn't be able to do this! Nor that! They can't stop me! etc' and then complain about the useless Police. Of course you have to limit their power, but if you insist on handicapping them, don't complain when it's more difficult for them to do their job!
Original post by ckingalt
This is true and I have seen this as well. However to be fair I have never seen the police deliberately provoke someone who is quietly minding their business. It is usually some obnoxious loud mouth who might not be doing anything technically illegal. That doesn't mean they aren't being a menace and acting like a **** wit. I can see where a police officer who had to deal with that sort of behavior on a daily basis may feel inclined to provoke someone just enough to make them react and create a legal excuse to sort them out. Just saying...

I agree. The times I have seen it is when someone has had a few beers and is doing something a bit silly. If the police just calmed down the situation nothing would happen but they love a bit of action and make the situation worse until they can arrest someone.
Reply 19
Original post by Sternumator
I agree. The times I have seen it is when someone has had a few beers and is doing something a bit silly. If the police just calmed down the situation nothing would happen but they love a bit of action and make the situation worse until they can arrest someone.

are you effing mad?

which police person you know would risk their lives or being injured to put someone in jail for one day

grow some common sense idiot

Latest

Trending

Trending