The Student Room Group

Official AQA AS Chemistry Unit 1 - 23Rd May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SharminaSyeda
I think I'm gonna kill myself, it clashes with my 2hr spanish exam so basically I'm not leaving that exam hall. And wait for the cherry on top, I have double chemistry last lessons. UGH.

You dont have study leave???
Reply 261
I think I'm gonna kill myself, it clashes with my 2hr spanish exam so basically I'm not leaving that exam hall. And wait for the cherry on top, I have double chemistry last lessons. UGH.

Take a break and don't attend the last chemistry lessons! Make sure your teacher knows you've had enough, though! :smile:
Original post by Bixel
325px-Cyclobutane2.svg.png

Like this!

Aha! I see. Very helpful! Thanks a lot. :smile:
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
You dont have study leave???

No :/ Sad times :frown:
Reply 264
Any predictions? :smile:
chemmm.png

so i was doing this question and it was going fine, i found the moles of Bcl3 and then the moles of HCl then to find the concentration you do moles/vol but I don't understand why you multiply by 1000 like it says in the mark scheme :frown: can someone help me please?:frown:
No :/ Sad times :frown:

That is just crazy!
My study leave started on the 10th May and ends on the 10th June. :smile:
does anyone know how to work out how many lone pairs F makes in HF hydrogen bonding?
Original post by tumblrgirl
chemmm.png

so i was doing this question and it was going fine, i found the moles of Bcl3 and then the moles of HCl then to find the concentration you do moles/vol but I don't understand why you multiply by 1000 like it says in the mark scheme :frown: can someone help me please?:frown:

Pits the same as doing 1.105/ 500/1000
they just do a different way, doing c=n/v is the same
Reply 269
Original post by tumblrgirl
chemmm.png

As the volume 500cm^3 is in cm^3, you can use the equation:
Number of moles = (concentration x volume) / 1000.

Rearranging this gives:
Concentration = (1000 x number of moles) / volume
Original post by Bixel

Rearranging this gives:

Why do you times by 3??
Reply 271
Original post by annaelizabet
does anyone know how to work out how many lone pairs F makes in HF hydrogen bonding?

F has 7 electrons in the outer shell, one of these it shares with the H in a covelent bond so there are 6 left: 3 lone pairs, these are all able to form hydrogen bonds but each hydrogen only forms one hydrogen bond
Original post by Bixel

Rearranging this gives:

Original post by A sheesh
Pits the same as doing 1.105/ 500/1000
they just do a different way, doing c=n/v is the same

lol i feel so silly not realising that, thanks for clearing that up :biggrin:
Reply 273
Original post by The Lawful T.J
I did it in January :P

How did you find it compared to the other papers?
Original post by avb212
F has 7 electrons in the outer shell, one of these it shares with the H in a covelent bond so there are 6 left: 3 lone pairs, these are all able to form hydrogen bonds but each hydrogen only forms one hydrogen bond

thanks so much!! :biggrin: what is the definition for hydrogen bonding??
Has anybody asked anything on here that hasn't been answerd, can you ask it again please, it's quite difficult scrolling through the thread for questions which have or haven't been answered
Reply 276
There was this question in the jan 2012 paper as follows:

The boiling points of fluorine and hydrogen fluoride are –188 oC and 19.5 oC respectively.
Explain, in terms of bonding, why the boiling point of fluorine is very low.

I started to talk about bonding (molecular and ionic) instead of IMF as mark scheme states. I never know when to talk about bonding or IMF in these types of questions. :frown: Any help?

Also, I've forgotten how to calculate the RAM in the spectrometry questions. Can anybody outline how you go about doing it from the data given in a table please.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 277
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
That is just crazy!
My study leave started on the 10th May and ends on the 10th June. :smile:

Same, and doing all my exams in june as well (other than c1 for maths which i did in jan) too stressful!
Reply 278
Original post by pearson1995
Why do you times by 3??

because there are 3 moles of the hcl, the moles you worked out was 1mol as there was only one bcl3 whereas the was 3HCL.

does that help?
Reply 279
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Has anybody asked anything on here that hasn't been answerd, can you ask it again please, it's quite difficult scrolling through the thread for questions which have or haven't been answered

I have a question that I'm pretty sure I asked earlier. How do you draw the structure for metallic and ionic bonding, can someone draw it out for me please :smile:)) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending