The Student Room Group

A stroke turned this guy gay, so it isn't genetic?

Scroll to see replies

An Englishman woke up after a stroke speaking fluent Welsh, which he had 'forgotten' since he spoke it as a refugee as a kid.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/9767191/Englishman-wakes-up-from-stroke-speaking-fluent-Welsh.html

This guy was probably already gay, like this guy could still speak Welsh, but had yet to realise this. Will another stroke make the man forget Welsh again?
Reply 21
Nice to hear OP this still give those hope. Cancer cures are starting to emerge too

Original post by shadowdweller
I don't think this story even remotely proves that statement

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it does not. But doctors have cured these unfortunate individuals which hopefully they can find a concrete method :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by BonnyBonny
Nice to hear OP this still give those hope. Cancer cures are starting to emerge too

Yeah it does not. But doctors have cured these unfortunate individuals which hopefully they can find a concrete method :smile:

We aren't sick, aren't unfortunate, and do not wish to be 'cured'.
Reply 23
Original post by mmmpie
We aren't sick, aren't unfortunate, and do not wish to be 'cured'.

What do you mean? why?
Reply 24
What do you mean? why?

Gay people are not sick, therefore they cannot be cured. Nor is there any other reason why they should change.
Original post by mmmpie
Gay people are not sick, therefore they cannot be cured. Nor is there any other reason why they should change.

Here here!
As a bi girl, what I'm quite curious about is - because religious tirades, professed cures, etc. tend to not include us - what exactly would scientists do about curing us? Our 'gay side' is kind of irreversibly tied to our 'straight side'. I can imagine being able to turn us asexual through hormone manipulation, but not straight. Just out of idle thought...
Reply 27
Original post by mmmpie

But it is possible to change it. Some individuals would want to in order to live a more "free" life

But it is your choice
(edited 10 years ago)
But it is possible to change it. Some individuals would want to in order to live a more "free" life

But it is your choice

You can't change it! The only thing you can do is live a lie, don't insult your own intelligence please.

Unfortunate? Dude, my dating pool's far bigger than a straight person's, I get twice the eye candy, and can eat cookies, cake and other baked goods all the time as long as I cover them with rainbow icing and sprinkles and profess it as gay pride. Our patron saint's a freaking unicorn. Remind me how my life sucks?
Reply 30

There is no known method for doing so, and there isn't likely to be.

Very few gay people would wish to change. I wouldn't, and I don't know anyone who would.
Reply 31
Original post by mmmpie
There is no known method for doing so, and there isn't likely to be.

Very few gay people would wish to change. I wouldn't, and I don't know anyone who would.

Those whose well-being is threaten because of what they have seek assistance on how to behave in a more "normal" manner so that it is not apparent to thugs. Example being in Ghana

Yes that is treatment but for cures a professional like a doctor would be needed
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by OU Student
Being gay isn't a "condition". If you followed that logic, being straight is a "condition" too.

This basically. Just because he became gay after a stroke doesn't mean it's a pathology. Some people start speaking french after a stroke, it doesn't mean speaking french is a disease.
Those whose well-being is threaten because of what they have seek assistance on how to behave in a more "normal" manner so that it is not apparent to thugs. Example being in Ghana

Yes that is treatment but for cures a professional like a doctor would be needed

I see where you're coming from, but this is basically a parallel to proposing a cure for black skin because black people are discriminated against in some places...
Original post by mmmpie

Agreed. I don't get the big deal about wanting to "cure" gay people. Someone being gay doesn't affect me in the slightest.
Reply 35
Original post by paradoxicalme
I see where you're coming from, but this is basically a parallel to proposing a cure for black skin because black people are discriminated against in some places...

Micheal Jackson did succeed at that :smile:

But black skin indeed any skin apart from known conditions like albinism is normal

There is insufficient evidence showing that this occurrence is genetic like OP mentioned
Micheal Jackson did succeed at that :smile:

But black skin indeed any skin apart from known conditions like albinism is normal

There is insufficient evidence showing that this occurrence is genetic like OP mentioned

Bleaching your skin due to vitiligo is hardly a cure.

And homosexuality/bisexuality is normal. It's seen in nature all the time.
I totally read this as someone turning gay after a man stroked him
It's infecting everyone through the air!!!

jk
Reply 39
Original post by paradoxicalme

And homosexuality/bisexuality is normal. It's seen in nature all the time.

Women mating with men is normal and makes biological sense

You would assume that down syndrome is in nature all the time and therefore is normal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending