The Student Room Group

Lampeter 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alicelouise_
Im about to send my pictures in for my student ID, but does anyone know if it has to be a passport photo? i just assumed that thats what they want, but i thought i'd see what everyone else did?

If I recall they just wanted something passport style, so you just need to make sure that it's got a plain background and that you have a straight face
Original post by Mr. Monorail
If I recall they just wanted something passport style, so you just need to make sure that it's got a plain background and that you have a straight face

ok great. thank you! :smile:
Don't worry if you forget the photos anyway, you can get passport sized photos at the Co-op in Lampeter.
Got a map of the campus ready! :biggrin:
hi is anyone in Carl Lorfmark hall! :smile:
Original post by caroleking
hi is anyone in Carl Lorfmark hall! :smile:

Hey, I am :biggrin: What are you studying?

Also, 1 week today!
Original post by Mr. Monorail
Hey, I am :biggrin: What are you studying?

Also, 1 week today!

I'm studying ancient history and classical studies how about you?
I'm studying ancient history and classical studies how about you?

Ancient and Medieval History, so we should be together for some of our lectures :biggrin:
Original post by Tom_1988
Is anyone going to stay in Carl Lofmark in September? :P

H I'm in Carl lorfmark I'm in flat 3 how about you!!
Reply 749
H I'm in Carl lorfmark I'm in flat 3 how about you!!

Flat 2 here :P
Hope you've all got everything you need to move in the day after tomorrow! And by 'everything you need', I don't mean a trolley full of beer which is what my boyfriend brought to his first year...
Original post by NatalieC92
Hope you've all got everything you need to move in the day after tomorrow! And by 'everything you need', I don't mean a trolley full of beer which is what my boyfriend brought to his first year...

Hi I was wondering if you would be able to tell me anything about how we go about paying for our accomodation? Do we have to sort that out at registration?
Original post by Lottie94cj
Hi I was wondering if you would be able to tell me anything about how we go about paying for our accomodation? Do we have to sort that out at registration?

If you haven't already, you should provide them with your bank details and what happens is that at the start of every term, the rent for that term is automatically debited from your account. If that doesn't happen, you can go to the bursary to pay yourself using a debit card. It usually does happen automatically though!

I should also mention that they don't take the rent at the very start of each term, they will wait until your student loan has been paid into your account.
(edited 10 years ago)

Hi, there's a link on the TSD website for current students to pay for accommodation after you've enrolled you'll be given a pack with all the information you need to know to pay, once you enrolled and received your student loan you'll be able to go online feel in your details i.e. Student number, room number... :smile: see you all today
Original post by NatalieC92
If you haven't already, you should provide them with your bank details and what happens is that at the start of every term, the rent for that term is automatically debited from your account. If that doesn't happen, you can go to the bursary to pay yourself using a debit card. It usually does happen automatically though!

I should also mention that they don't take the rent at the very start of each term, they will wait until your student loan has been paid into your account.

Ok and if they don't take it automatically I'm sure they will notify me that I need to pay it ? But I think it should go automatically as I'm sure they get my bank details through student finance
Ok and if they don't take it automatically I'm sure they will notify me that I need to pay it ? But I think it should go automatically as I'm sure they get my bank details through student finance

Things may have changed, but for my year we had to fill seperate forms with the uni for this. If I were you, I'd make sure I'd speak to someone at uni about it.
Is there a module list for joint honours creative writing and english?

Hey Lottie, I'm doing creative writing and english too! :biggrin:
Original post by TheFemaleVern
Hi, I'm Nia and I'm doing Creative Writing too :smile:

Hi, I'm Sam and I'm doing creative writing and english :biggrin:
Sam, just wanted to make sure you know this last years forum, there is a new one for the upcoming year of 2014/2015 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending