The Student Room Group

Previous part time studies vs Full time student finance

I would really appreciate help from SFE adviser please. I have studied with Open Uni before( started in Feb 2012) in July 2013 I was awarded with Certificate of Higher Education and continues study modules, on my study record it is recorded as another module was 30 credits as of 2013 and another module with30 credits as per 2014. I passed those two 30 credits modules and then continue studied further modules( but not passed any of then) and defered in 2016.
I would like to come back to uni but full time and not with Open Uni, do I have a chance to get full time student finance for 3 years course I want to apply for. I am confused how to fill in on my student finance application do I just put the time it took me to complete CertHe or I have to put all the years I studied even though the further modules after CertHe did not give my any qualification. Please could somebody advised me as I am very confused, when I called SFE advisor on the phone told me that I will get full funding but when I checked on gov website it seems like I may not be eligible I am so confused about it as I want to make sure I fill application correctly but it is not very clear for me. Thank you for help.
Original post by Karolla85
I would really appreciate help from SFE adviser please. I have studied with Open Uni before( started in Feb 2012) in July 2013 I was awarded with Certificate of Higher Education and continues study modules, on my study record it is recorded as another module was 30 credits as of 2013 and another module with30 credits as per 2014. I passed those two 30 credits modules and then continue studied further modules( but not passed any of then) and defered in 2016.
I would like to come back to uni but full time and not with Open Uni, do I have a chance to get full time student finance for 3 years course I want to apply for. I am confused how to fill in on my student finance application do I just put the time it took me to complete CertHe or I have to put all the years I studied even though the further modules after CertHe did not give my any qualification. Please could somebody advised me as I am very confused, when I called SFE advisor on the phone told me that I will get full funding but when I checked on gov website it seems like I may not be eligible I am so confused about it as I want to make sure I fill application correctly but it is not very clear for me. Thank you for help.
Hi there,

If we've advised you already you would get the full funding then this would be correct. To discuss this again we'd need further information, what is the course you're looking to study? Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending