The Student Room Group

The Educating Series

Anybody watched the Educating series including Educating Essex, Education Yorkshire, Educating The East End, Educating Cardiff and Educating Greater Manchester? I've seen all of these and I find them very insightful from a sociological standpoint.

I find they all showcase the flaws of the education system despite the best efforts of the staff. Some of the students I feel sorry for, and it's clear personal circumstances impact their academic performances-usually the solutions to them acting up is to hand out detentions and isolations though-like that's supposed to be some kind of antidote to their ills.

What are your thoughts if you seen these series' before?
I BARELY watched an episode of one of those
I think it was Manchester

I LOVE these types of shows
Since you LOVE it so much
I will add this to my summer watching list
TYSMM for voicing ur opinion:smile: :smile: :smile: ( omg I can FRR make emoji's out of the colon and the closing bracket ( mind blowing) ) ( I'm just new so don't mind me)
Also would you please rank these in order or best to least best ( I would RLLY appreciate it as I can avoid mediocre adaptions, esp considering that this is my first time watching so u wouldn't want me to have a bad impression abt the show)

Also, have u watched Our School ( I am asking since they are both relate to education)?
It's this show abt kids going into Secondary school ( I watched it when I was going into secondary school myself)
I LOVED the 2013 version the most and watched ALL of it

I know there are MORE recent episodes but frr they were the MOST likeable and authentic bunch with SUCH good vibes that can't be replicated anywhere

I wonder if there is a subbreddit for these shows ( it would be SO COOL if there was)

NOTE: I LOVE stuff abt the educational system like smm and I even wrote a short essay abt how standardised testing is BAD

Disclaimer: I am TALKATIVE
Also if u want to get to know me better
feel free to PM me
Reply 2
Original post by Fifipencil11
I BARELY watched an episode of one of those
I think it was Manchester

I LOVE these types of shows
Since you LOVE it so much
I will add this to my summer watching list
TYSMM for voicing ur opinion:smile: :smile: :smile: ( omg I can FRR make emoji's out of the colon and the closing bracket ( mind blowing) ) ( I'm just new so don't mind me)
Also would you please rank these in order or best to least best ( I would RLLY appreciate it as I can avoid mediocre adaptions, esp considering that this is my first time watching so u wouldn't want me to have a bad impression abt the show)

Also, have u watched Our School ( I am asking since they are both relate to education)?
It's this show abt kids going into Secondary school ( I watched it when I was going into secondary school myself)
I LOVED the 2013 version the most and watched ALL of it

I know there are MORE recent episodes but frr they were the MOST likeable and authentic bunch with SUCH good vibes that can't be replicated anywhere

I wonder if there is a subbreddit for these shows ( it would be SO COOL if there was)

NOTE: I LOVE stuff abt the educational system like smm and I even wrote a short essay abt how standardised testing is BAD

Disclaimer: I am TALKATIVE
Also if u want to get to know me better
feel free to PM me

I sent you a PM but I'll respond here as well.

I haven't watched Our School-is it just as good as the Educating documentaries?

I think if you watch the 2013 edition it'd have been Educating Yorkshire-would I be right about that?
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
I sent you a PM but I'll respond here as well.

I haven't watched Our School-is it just as good as the Educating documentaries?
I think if you watch the 2013 edition it'd have been Educating Yorkshire-would I be right about that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo4N-UoWfP0&list=PL4OIHBLT8trIfVU373LctEQjDKad-eX7v

this is
they go to conyers and NO I COULDNT find a 2013 version for Educating Yorkshire in yt but I will do a Google Search to test ur idea

as u are aware I HAVEN'T watched The Educating documentaries so I LEGIT have no clue and can't compare fairly
Ig u will have to answer that question yourself
or I will be able to answer that question for you in the summer holidays ( when I watch all the educating series and this one ( but MAINLY I will try to compare Yorkshire with our school 2013 ( cuz u are suggesting they are apples to oranges))

Quick Reply

Latest