The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Postgraduate Applicants for 2014-2015

I know there is an general St Andrews Applicants thread, but I thought I would create one specifically for Postgrads so we don't get lost in the sea of undergrads!

I'm applying for MLitt Medieval History, and would love to chat to anyone applying for a similar course or just anyone in general. :colondollar:
It would also be nice to hear from current postgraduates about their experiences of life at the University, accommodation, and the town.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied for MLitt Philosophy about a fortnight ago. I'm still waiting for a response from my second referee. It's Christmas and I don't really want to hurry him, but I'm looking forward to Friday, when I can email him without guilt.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
I have accepted my offer for the MLitt Philosophy and couldn't be more excited! Subpl, once I sent in all my materials and both references, it took 5 weeks for them to get back with a decision (they said 4-6 weeks, right on the mark I must admit) so hopefully your reference gets in soon. Where are you guys thinking about for accommodation? My advisor currently did his MPhil at St. Andrews and stayed at Deans Court. He said there was no heating there 10 years ago. But that's all I know about the accommodation.
Reply 3
I applied about two weeks ago, but I'm still waiting on one of my references too! I'm giving her a few more days now that NY and Christmas is over, but then I'm going to e-mail her.
Where about's are you guys studying now? I'm at Leicester. St Andrews is a bit scary due to it being so far away from where I am now, but it's also really exciting!

As for accommodation, I'm pinning my hopes on Albany Park, Gregory Place, and Gannochy House because they seem to be in good locations and relatively cheap. I had a look at Deans Court though and it looks lovely. I just hope they have central heating in there now! I'm quite excited to go back into halls, it seems like a good way to meet lots of new people.
Reply 4
foir what it is worth, my son is a postgrad at St Andrews. He loves the town and the uni. He is in the Davis Russell apartments and will try to stay there. He likes that too.
Reply 5
Original post by olddad
foir what it is worth, my son is a postgrad at St Andrews. He loves the town and the uni. He is in the Davis Russell apartments and will try to stay there. He likes that too.

Thanks for the information :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by MissoLuxe
Thanks for the information :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, and he was at Nottingham as an undergrad, so it was a big move for him too. But well worth it he says.
Reply 7
Hi,

I have accepted an offer for M.Litt in Middle East, Caucasus and Central Asian Security Studies. I am an American student moving with my spouse, so this is a big, but very exciting move for us both. We are looking at letting privately. Does anyone have any experience with a good letting agency?
[h="2"]
Original post by tramdoof
Hi,

I have accepted an offer for M.Litt in Middle East, Caucasus and Central Asian Security Studies. I am an American student moving with my spouse, so this is a big, but very exciting move for us both. We are looking at letting privately. Does anyone have any experience with a good letting agency?
[h="2"]

I would avoid Rollos and Eve Brown.

From experience/friends, Inchdairnie and Pagan Osborne are decent, as is the university, which does manage a few non-hall properties. There's also Murray Donald, HMJ and Bradburne, which I don't know too much about.

All these have websites, but they don't all list all their properties on there, so it would be a good idea to contact them, by phone if possible.

You can also check out www.thesinner.net/mb on the accomodation board for landlords advertising without letting agents.
HeyEveryone,

I'm applying for a PhD in History ... well, I'm trying to - the form says my application is complete now but I can't see anywhere to click that will actually let me submit. Does anyone know how to submit? I'd be really grateful for any help!

Anyway, St Andrews looks fantastic :smile:
Reply 10
Hey guys!

I've applied for the M.Litt Peace and Conflict studies but still waiting on a reply. How long did it take for everyone to get their offers?

Good luck to all!
Hi,

I applied for the MSc in Money, Banking and Finance today. Is anyone else applying for a similar subject?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Got an uncondition offer for MLitt Philosophy this morning. V. happy something has finally happened.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
I have an offer for Management and Information Technology. Although, I have not accepted yet. I'm a little nervous!
Reply 14
Just got my unconditional offer for PhD in Divinity! Just waiting on scholarships before I accept...
Reply 15
unconditional offer for PhD International Relations, I am super happy,,, See u all at St Andrews
Reply 16
Finally, PhD International Relations, cant wait to see all of u at SA
Reply 17
Original post by MarcoFr
Hey, I have accepted my offer for the M.Litt in Middle East, Caucasus and Central Asian Security Studies. I'm hoping to get allocated Dean's Court. I did my undergraduate at Loughborough uni, and I am currently doing a Master's at UCL. So, moving all the way up to St Andrews is going to be quite different to the big city (but I'm looking forward to it!!).

I know of three post grads up there who went to Nottingham and Leicester. You are not alone!
Reply 18
Just got my offer today for mlitt in theology imagination and arts- I have to admit I was kind of figuring I wouldn't get accepted because of my grades so I'm just now having to figure everything out- whoops!
Reply 19
Original post by tjacob2014
Just got my unconditional offer for PhD in Divinity! Just waiting on scholarships before I accept...

I just got my offer for Mlitt in theology today- conditional on my grades not dropping... I'm really kid of surprised I got an offer because of my marks actually. I haven't done much research on accommodation options or anything, so I guess I should get on that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending