The Student Room Group

Postgraduate funding for non-settled student

Hi,

I got funded in 2015 for my BSc in London and then had to withdraw from university for personal reasons.

I am from Belgium and have been living in the EU for more than 3 years.

I will be finishing my undergraduate degree in a few months and I'd like to apply for a postgraduate loan for the year 2024-2025 (when that will be available); however, I'm not currently living in the UK, so I'd like to know: since I started a BSc a few years ago and was eligible for funding, could I still be eligible for a postgraduate loan? And could I get both the tuition AND maintenance loan or only one of them?

I intend to work the whole time during my studies, so I would be an EU migrant worker, right?

If I'm eligible to apply as an EU migrant worker, please let me know what information I must provide with my application.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by ktmll
Hi,

I got funded in 2015 for my BSc in London and then had to withdraw from university for personal reasons.

I am from Belgium and have been living in the EU for more than 3 years.

I will be finishing my undergraduate degree in a few months and I'd like to apply for a postgraduate loan for the year 2024-2025 (when that will be available); however, I'm not currently living in the UK, so I'd like to know: since I started a BSc a few years ago and was eligible for funding, could I still be eligible for a postgraduate loan? And could I get both the tuition AND maintenance loan or only one of them?

I intend to work the whole time during my studies, so I would be an EU migrant worker, right?

If I'm eligible to apply as an EU migrant worker, please let me know what information I must provide with my application.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

Hi there,

Do you hold pre settled or settled status under the EU residency scheme?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

Do you hold pre settled or settled status under the EU residency scheme?

Thanks, Clare

Hi Clare,

No, I don't hold the pre-settled or settled status.
Original post by ktmll
Hi Clare,

No, I don't hold the pre-settled or settled status.

Hi there,

You need to hold a legal status in the UK to be eligible.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

You need to hold a legal status in the UK to be eligible.

Thanks, Clare

So holding a visa to study and work in the UK doesn't make me eligible? 🤔
Original post by ktmll
So holding a visa to study and work in the UK doesn't make me eligible? 🤔

That's correct. You'd need to have the status in order to be eligible. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending