The Student Room Group

What happened to British woman?!

Went from being known as some most beautiful woman in the world decades ago....1950s-fashion-line.jpg

1960s-london-girls1.jpg

08421b7bd78be617_patricia_medina.1.preview.jpg

3269413.jpg

article-0-0F88193800000578-956_634x635.jpg

article-1224829-070E1DCC000005DC-606_468x593.jpg

gill_clark_miss_great_britain_heat_1976.jpg

dianadors.jpg

mini-1967-carnaby-street.jpg

images.jpeg
to well just look at any Sun, Sex and Suspicious parents episode, that is people's idea of the average british lass these days....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They were liberated by feminism. Funny thing is, in their quest to be more and more like men, they only seem to have adopted the masculine traits that are despicable (for examples go out on a weekend night in any large UK city).
It's actually sad,the rise of stupid movements like feminism has encouraged women not to care about the way they look.Now look at British women, everyone probably thinks English and Irish women are the same as bloody Scottish women (no offence but you are the worst).
Reply 3
Original post by TheRealDexter
Went from being known as some most beautiful woman in the world decades ago....1950s-fashion-line.jpg

1960s-london-girls1.jpg

08421b7bd78be617_patricia_medina.1.preview.jpg

3269413.jpg

article-0-0F88193800000578-956_634x635.jpg

article-1224829-070E1DCC000005DC-606_468x593.jpg

gill_clark_miss_great_britain_heat_1976.jpg

dianadors.jpg

mini-1967-carnaby-street.jpg

images.jpeg
to well just look at any Sun, Sex and Suspicious parents episode, that is people's idea of the average british lass these days....

Combination of decency being dragged through the mud since the 1960s generally and feminism 'liberating' women so that acting like a yob is somehow to be admired.
They dont live to impress men. They can do what they like
What has happened to British men?

Once known as some of the finest dressed, best mannered most sophisticated gentlemen in the world, they created an Empire that stretched across half the globe and in Europe's darkest hour they stood firm against the Luftwaffe to defend our shores from Nazism.

But now watch any Sun, Sea and Suspicious parents episode and what do you see, a bunch of scrawny chavs running around topless getting wasted. Do you think these men would have been able to create an Empire or fight off Hitler? Never in a million years.
Reply 6
Both men and women have degenerated since the 1960s. Men are increasingly feminised, spineless pansies while women are increasingly unfeminine, overweight skanks.

The few remaining masculine men and feminine women will pair up and be happy, leaving the degenerates to wallow in the promiscuous muck of this toxic, androgynous culture.

Edit: what is the cause? Probably prosperity. When society becomes extremely wealthy it can disregard ancient wisdom about men and women, its people can become degenerate hedonists that lack character, and it can fritter away its wealth on government largess which removes the need for tradition. But nature cannot be subverted for too long: eventually the hedonistic party will end, just as it did with Rome.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MagicNMedicine

Once known as some of the finest dressed, best mannered most sophisticated gentlemen in the world, they created an Empire that stretched across half the globe and in Europe's darkest hour they stood firm against the Luftwaffe to defend our shores from Nazism.

But now watch any Sun, Sea and Suspicious parents episode and what do you see, a bunch of scrawny chavs running around topless getting wasted. Do you think these men would have been able to create an Empire or fight off Hitler? Never in a million years.

At your service, sir! For Queen and Country. Although I must admit his moustache is far more admirable than mine. I do admit that standards have dropped across the board. From the way we dress, to the way we deal with stress and hard times to the way we eat and drink and even the way we carry ourselves. It's a shame.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
So I'm a minority? Yay?
Reply 9
Original post by MagicNMedicine

They were victims of the same factors, the destruction of gender roles. They stopped getting the deserved respect from women and society as a whole, they became feminized, they lost the concept of being the protectors and providers and along with the dignity and pride attached to it. Men have always been the disposable workhorses of our species, but at least back in the day they were somewhat appreciated for it. Why assume so many responsibilities when there are no rewards?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
I can't remember who said it but there's a famous quote about the American people (which I think can now be applied to British people) - "If you take the feeling of embarrassment out of the people, then those people will do whatever they want to do. That is the very definition of America. These people have no shame and therefore they do whatever they want to do."
Original post by Ribbit1234
They dont live to impress men. They can do what they like

/thread
Original post by jamieTT
They were victims of the same factors, the destruction of gender roles. They stopped getting the deserved respect from women and society as a whole, they became feminized, they lost the concept of being the protectors and providers and along with the dignity and pride attached to it. Men have always been the disposable workhorses of our species, but at least back in the day they were somewhat appreciated for it. Why assume so many responsibilities when there are no rewards?

Cry me a river.
Reply 13
I have seen no evidence that suggests women are any less attractive now than they have ever been, or indeed that UK women are less attractive than women from other nations.
Reply 14
Styles change, women can wear/look how they want, they shouldn't have to feel like they have to stay in their "place".

So many outdated views on this site.
I think you should be asking what happened to British media? It's the media that largely promotes such a distasteful cross-section of society- not everyone in Britain behaves like those idiots on the tv shows you mentioned.
Original post by jamieTT

If you are a successful man you get money, status and respect amongst your peers, and respect/popularity amongst women. You don't get rewards for being a whinging cry baby so man up and go out and achieve with your life and you will earn your rewards.
This thread is hilarious...
Reply 18
None of you are taking into account that these past images you are using for your arguments are of only a small part of society.

A huge proportion of the underclasses have always been like this. Not all, but a majority.
I'd say it's a lack of education? Which is obviously still an issue... :rolleyes:
Reply 19
Original post by georgiehewitt03
I think you should be asking what happened to British media? It's the media that largely promotes such a distasteful cross-section of society- not everyone in Britain behaves like those idiots on the tv shows you mentioned.

This is very true. :]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending