The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

2 questions about staffs uni....

hello I would like to ask 2 questions
firstly. are you allowed a mini fridge in your room? I went to the open day and they seem pretty laid back but they do have inspections every week or so I am told.

Secondly
how long on average do staffs take to respond to applications?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
1. Yes, and it's every month.

2. Can't remember.
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Dana.
1. Yes, and it's every month.

2. Can't remember.

so you are allowed a mini fridge.
thats unusual but pleasing :smile: tar x
Reply 3
Original post by Lulumise
so you are allowed a mini fridge.
thats unusual but pleasing :smile: tar x

One of my flatmates has a full sized fridge in his room.
Reply 4
Original post by Dana.
One of my flatmates has a full sized fridge in his room.

loll fair enough
I think "technically" your not allowed appliances.... but not that the inspectors really care.

The inspections are more to make sure you haven't literally destroyed your room.

I remember having an inspection after a night out and I had completely forgotten. My gf at the time was in bed naked and my room had dirty pots on the floor with my desk in a mess and dirty clothes everywhere!

All I got was "just try and tidy your room beforehand next time" and a wink :rolleyes: then managed to go back to my hungover slumber!

ermm IIRC they respond around feb/march time, but don't worry they have rooms free until a month or two before term starts. I got my room in first year 3-4 weeks before I was due to arrive.
Original post by Lulumise
hello I would like to ask 2 questions
firstly. are you allowed a mini fridge in your room? I went to the open day and they seem pretty laid back but they do have inspections every week or so I am told.

Secondly
how long on average do staffs take to respond to applications?

Thank you :smile:

Hi Lulumise,

As confirmed by fellow members, you are allowed to bring a mini fridge onto the accommodation!

In regards to the length of time it takes to respond to applications, it depends entirely on the course and the applications received. If you are still waiting a response and want us to chase this up, feel free to send a message to us with your name and the course you have applied for and we can contact the admissions office :smile:

Phil

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending