The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Is it ok for men to cry?

Is It ok for men to cry? Or do people think it's a sign of weakness? Discuss please

Scroll to see replies

It's ok. :wink:
Reply 2
Depends on the situation.
Some people think it's weak and emasculated, and I think those people are stupid.
Are you insane? Of course it's not acceptable, at least every guy who does cry can take their tampon out and wipe the tears away with it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Im a guy and YES of course
Guys have emotions as well, crying is NOT a sign of weakness!
Not crying infact when all you want to do is cry could be seen as a sign of weakness because you are not brave enough to be open with your emotions (of course some people prefer this)
Reply 6
Original post by Viridiana
It's ok. :wink:

That is creepy
I think being a true man is knowing when is a good time to cry and when you have to have the stiff upper lip, one of the students at my school recently passed away, then was an acceptable time to cry, breaking up with a 3 year long girlfriend is acceptable but crying over spilt milk you need to buck your ideas up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Borgia
That is creepy

Why?
Reply 9
Original post by David31415
I think being a true man is knowing when is a good time to cry and when you have to have the stiff upper lip, one of the students at my school recently passed away, then was an acceptable time to cry, breaking up with a 3 year long girlfriend is acceptable but crying over spilt milk you need to buck your ideas up

Posted from TSR Mobile

True.
yesyesyes
Not for me.
men should be strong not weak.
Control your bloody feelings
Original post by matthewduncan
Not for me.
men should be strong not weak.
Control your bloody feelings

its weird not to cry- sociopath alert
a REAL man cries at the right times i.e someones death

not crying over falling off a bike or a paper cut
Reply 14
The way I see it is: if a guy cries, then he's reached a breaking point. So if one of your guy friends/boyfriend started crying, what would you think of him?
Why is it so hard to control your emotions for crying out loud???.
We are men ffs
Men can cry? srs
Original post by hdindak
its weird not to cry- sociopath alert

If you keep telling yourself things like this you start to believe it...maybe if you worked on how to be a strong person mentally you wouldnt think like this.
As you say, it depends when and for what reason.
Just watched Bear Grills The Island with the women.
One was starting to cry because she was going to have get out of a boat and swim 10yds to the shore (yes, she could swim) and at the thought of collecting wood and lighting fires.
Do you think it should be ok for men to act like this and not face derision?
Reply 19
Original post by Viridiana
Why?

Because that wink implies some kind of intentional causation

Latest

Trending

Trending