The Student Room Group

Should Gay people be able to adopt?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RandZul'Zorander
Not being born gay =/= it being a choice.

EDIT: Look I agree with you that it is not a choice, and I agree with you that they seem to have an issue with homosexuality - just don't think you are representing their position correctly.

you're right - they didn't claim it was a choice, i just assumed.
Original post by al_94
We are already losing the family structure of having a mother and father in the home and we should work to restore that. This gay adoption is just destroying the idea of what a family is it is not having two mothers or two fathers.

But its better to have a family with two mothers/fathers than to have none at all.
Reply 122
Original post by *Stefan*
The traditional family is changing because society itself is changing (neither are suffering, that's your own accord). It doesn't require much logic.

If you can't accept that, you should perhaps reconsider your own opinion instead of using idiotic phrases like "gay agenda".

I've yet to see you actually provide specific reasons as to why it's wrong, despite your active participation in these threads. All you're doing is appealing to tradition, which you should be aware that it's a fallacy (ie, doesn't do anything at all).

I'm not blaming gays for the family structure what I'm saying is that they are being used as tools as part of an agenda to destroy the traditional family structure. I have already given the reasons why I oppose this indoctrination of people into accepting the homosexuality I've posted videos of discussions that go in depth which you probably didn't even watch. You don't want to even consider other people's opinions regarding this topic.
Original post by al_94
I'm not blaming gays for the family structure what I'm saying is that they are being used as tools as part of an agenda to destroy the traditional family structure.

Ah...another 'agenda'. Whose agenda is this one? :curious: :lol:
Original post by al_94
I'm not blaming gays for the family structure what I'm saying is that they are being used as tools as part of an agenda to destroy the traditional family structure. I have already given the reasons why I oppose this indoctrination of people into accepting the homosexuality I've posted videos of discussions that go in depth which you probably didn't even watch. You don't want to even consider other people's opinions regarding this topic.

A Muslim talking about indoctrination. Good one. :biggrin:
Original post by Maria1812
What is your opinion i think they should be able to because the arguement that no because they will have no father or mother figure is stupid as many people are raised by a single parent they have no father or mother figure and they are normal. Some say no because they think the children will be gay and the humans will go extinct this is ridiculous and what if they are and many people raised by straight parents are gay. Also the Bible days treat others how you want to be treated.As well as straight parents can also be bad so don't say gay parents are all bad

What do you think the old generation does not really agree with me

You should put a Poll?
Original post by BioStudentx
A Muslim talking about indoctrination. Good one. :biggrin:

The irony:biggrin:.

thanks man, I try <3
Original post by al_94

I'm not blaming blacks for mixed race 'people' being born, what I'm saying is that they are being used as tools as part of an agenda to destroy the Caucasian race. I have already given the reasons why I oppose this indoctrination of people into accepting mixed race marriages. You dont want to even consider other people's opinions regarding this topic!

U r so ignorant i have every right to oppose mixed race marriage it doesnt mean Im bigoted, people have different opinions

:nyan:
Original post by cokeed
What about the child? Maybe they deserve a mum and a dad and besides they would be completley different from everyone else in school etc which would more than likely result in bullying. Also, that child wouldnt know there background etc and be confused at to why they have parents of the same gender. Also, they would miss out on things that both parents could give.

There are a million and one things kids get bullied for. Bullying is the fault of the bully ( or whoever raised them, as a small child bullying is usually the result of some other trauma or neglect, they therefore make themselves feel more secure through making life miserable for other children).

There are a million and one reasons why a child might be different from everyone else in there school. My cousin Oliver was the only mixed race kid in his primary school.

A kid wouldn't know there background? Well if they were taken off their parents for their own safety then that's probably a good thing. Many adopted parents do maintain some contact with the birth family, but only when appropriate. This has nothing to do with the adopted parent's genders.

Wouldn't understand why it had parent's of the same gender? Well babies are not going to know, and older children can have it explained to them. Just like my friend Ella, had the fact that her parents are not biologically related to her explained, all adoptive parents are given advice on this subject.

These day kids in care who are up for adoption have it explained to them them they might get "a mummy and daddy" "two mummies" "two dadies" or " the one mummy" or " the one daddy. By the social workers handling these cases.

Miss out? My mother doesn't like music gigs, so I never went to one as a child. I would have liked to. So I guess I missed out. Not a decent reason why she should not have been my mother.
(edited 8 years ago)
If you're pro-life, then you should foster a kid or adopt a kid, and make it possible for people that are alive to live. No matter what your gender.
Original post by al_94

The only people who's opinions matter regarding this topic is the gay couple or the child if they for whatever reason don't want to be adopted by this couple. It doesn't matter if you're against it because it doesn't concern you. All you're doing by being against it is displaying homophobia.
Why would it matter who adopts i dont see the problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
If nobody can or will adopt then obviously homosexuals should be able to adopt, but it should be a last resort.
Original post by william walker
If nobody can or will adopt then obviously homosexuals should be able to adopt, but it should be a last resort.

Sorry, but this is just depressing. Why are homosexuals genuinely being treated as second class citizens, genuinely? :frown:

"...a last resort."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katiee224
As long as the kid is brought up correctly and loved what does it matter who raises it? could be a pack of wolfs for all I care:^_^:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I love that last part in addition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maria1812
What is your opinion i think they should be able to because the arguement that no because they will have no father or mother figure is stupid as many people are raised by a single parent they have no father or mother figure and they are normal. Some say no because they think the children will be gay and the humans will go extinct this is ridiculous and what if they are and many people raised by straight parents are gay. Also the Bible days treat others how you want to be treated.As well as straight parents can also be bad so don't say gay parents are all bad

What do you think the old generation does not really agree with me

Your argument that gay people should be able to adopt because there are so many single parent families is like saying we should sell crashed cars because there are so many crashed cars anyway.

It's the typical straw man type arguments that cultural Marxists use; throw egg on a wall then argue that other walls may as well have egg on them.

Babies are not social experiments for cultural Marxists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No.
One good parent is all a child needs; two is a bonus, no matter the gender. That being said, idk if I feel totally comfortable with an infant at the breast feeding stage being without a mother.
They definitely should. A homosexual couple is no different to a heterosexual couple in my eyes. I long for the day when we don't even have to debate questions such as this. :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending