The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
To the people who applied to Warsaw, how do you send the application? I filled in all the details and paid the application fee. I have a green tick saying fee confirmed but that's about it.
Reply 61
Anyone applying for poznan?
I booked an interview for June and they also said i need to do physic course. Anyone on the same boat as me?
Original post by mani92
I'm currently a student on the 4 year MD programme at Warsaw, so if anyones got any questions I can try to answer them! ☺️

Hi Mani92!
I've just been offered a place a WUM, just wondering how you find the course compared to your undergrad? Do you rent, if so how did you go about it and roughly how much does it cost per year? Is there anything you know now which you wish someone had let you know of before you went to Warsaw?Sorry to bombard you with questions!
hello mani how did you do your process ..can you guide me ..my id is [personal details removed]
Reply 64
Original post by Nisha_Siva
Hi Mani92!
I've just been offered a place a WUM, just wondering how you find the course compared to your undergrad? Do you rent, if so how did you go about it and roughly how much does it cost per year? Is there anything you know now which you wish someone had let you know of before you went to Warsaw?Sorry to bombard you with questions!

Hi, I've just been accepted as well. There's a blog by a Canadian student who studies at WUM which might help you with some of your questions.

http://www.thecadaverchronicles.com/blog

There's also the student governments website
http://muwedsg.com/
Oh thanks! I will definitely give these a read :smile: Congrats on getting a place!
Original post by nyeem
To the people who applied to Warsaw, how do you send the application? I filled in all the details and paid the application fee. I have a green tick saying fee confirmed but that's about it.

I think they also want physical copies so you post the listed documents to them using the address in point 3.
Reply 67
Hey!! I just wanted to say I got accepted and offered a place too..! So excited! :biggrin: got onto the 4 year course so looking forward to September..
Reply 68
Original post by mani92
Hey Bud, I'm on the 4 year course!
I'm not quite sure if that would be an issue as you have a masters to, best thing would be to drop the admissions people a quick email! ☺️

Hey mani, I got accepted into the 4 year course will be starting this September/October all being well.. I just had a question about the summer clerkship as I was a little confused about it, is that something we need to compete after the July exams? And do we have to find our own clerkship or does the uni source places for us? Also, can we stay in student dorms while doing the summer clerkship- does the payment for the full semester in the dorms include or cover the time we would be spending doing the summer clerkship? Just wondered as you're a year ahead, how you're going about this and if you can enlighten me with any information about it.. Thanks in advance :smile:
Hey guys :smile: i'll be applying for the 2016 cycle and i just had a couple of questions..

So being a EU citizen, you're eligible to apply for the UK foundation years. But what about after the foundation years? Can you apply for the specialty training years? I'm interested in strictly becoming a GP, if that makes any difference..
Reply 70
Original post by planet
Hey,

I'm a british student, have an undergraduate degree in biomedical sciences and currently thinking to apply for the 4 years Medicine at universities in Poland. I applied to universities in UK and despite meeting entry requirements, I didnt get in
:frown:

Do you think i stand chance of getting into Polish medical schools?

And are they extremely hard in terms of study? I saw they are like 5 days a week 8am-6pm study?

Is it extremely hard to pass the exams and how easy is it to understand their english (tutor's english as they'd probably have an accent?!)

Can I do 4 years study there and do my foundation (Year 1 and Year 2) in the UK? or do i have to do that there?

below is my academic qualification, could u kindly suggest my chances of getting accepted if i make an application please:
School Leaving Certificate (equivalent to GCSEs) - 77%
A-Levels - Biology-Grade C, Maths- grade B, Chemistry- Grade C, AS_Physics- Grade C
BSc(Hons) Biomedical Sciences - 2.1 (Higher second class)
IELTS - 7.5 overall
Work experience/Activities:
- Work shadowing doctors at Hospital
- Working as a Support Worker supporting people with learning disabilities for the last 3 years
- Volunteered in a charity shop every saturday
- Volunteered as a Course Representative at University
- University Ambassador in the Rugby Carnegie Challenge Cup at Wembley Stadium in London
- University Representative for Oxford University Press for Biosciences

Thanks for reading my mail and hope to hear from you soon

You can easily get into Polish unis. I know people in Bydgoszcz and Poznan who you could talk to. As far as I know, the quality of teaching (esp. in Bydgoszcz's Collegium Medicum) is high, groups are small in comparison to other Polish unis so at least you have an easy access to lecturers, can ask questions etc.
For Bygdoszcz you need 2 out of 3: Bio, Chem, Phy at your school leaving cert. I think experience from hospitals or if you can demonstrate similar stuff, that's helpful at the interviews.
Reply 71
Hi,
A friend of mine applied to Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz through a Dublin based agent who was very helpful and even gave hints for the interview! She is Scottish and now in 2nd year of a 6year med programme.
Are the average tuition fees for studying in Poland higher/lower than in UK?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
I think 3300-4000 pounds per semester and living costs are much lower. You can easily survive a month with less than 400, in Bydgoszcz even 300 should.be OK and apparently if you have Medical Poland loyalty card, you can get discounts in Bydgoszcz as that's where they're from. Flights to Poland are cheap too, both ways London - Poznan easily under 70.
Original post by Arthur B
I think 3300-4000 pounds per semester and living costs are much lower. You can easily survive a month with less than 400, in Bydgoszcz even 300 should.be OK and apparently if you have Medical Poland loyalty card, you can get discounts in Bydgoszcz as that's where they're from. Flights to Poland are cheap too, both ways London - Poznan easily under 70.

Is it the same for international students? I am looking for universities in Poland that has the pharmacy course but really I can't understand anything from the websites!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello. I want to apply to karolinska institute in Sweden for medicine but
There's no info on how to on their website. Can u pls help me
Reply 76
Original post by PlayerBB
Is it the same for international students? I am looking for universities in Poland that has the pharmacy course but really I can't understand anything from the websites!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The numbers I mentioned would be for international students. I know a UK/Irish agent does offer pharmacy in Poland too. They're called Medical Poland, you'd be best contacting them directly. It may be too late for this year though, most unis have closed 2015 intakes.
Original post by Arthur B
The numbers I mentioned would be for international students. I know a UK/Irish agent does offer pharmacy in Poland too. They're called Medical Poland, you'd be best contacting them directly. It may be too late for this year though, most unis have closed 2015 intakes.

Thank you and it's okay, I am looking for 2016 entry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey mani
Please I want to know how much the tuition fee for a non EU student would be when applying to Warsaw. Also I have a degree in optometry, what are my chances of getting into Warsaw. Thanks
Hey guys!!!!!!!!!
Is this medical uni in Bydgoszcz GMC accredited?
Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending