The Student Room Group

I use a menstrual cup AMA!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Viva Emptiness
You...you know it doesn't come out the same place as wee, right?

no **** sherlock
Is this thread really necessary?

I mean, I don't make threads talking about my wet dreams or my masturbation habits.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
You...you know it doesn't come out the same place as wee, right?

True fact: I only learnt that during my second year of medical school.
I'm guessing that's one of your better achievements..
Original post by subject_delta
Do I want to know?

If this period flows both ways...
Original post by lonyeka
How to take it out without spilling the contents? And how do you clean it in a public bathroom?

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Honestly, has it ever leaked everywhere? Has it ever fallen out? XD it looks like it would :redface:

Nope, and nope!

Original post by kandykissesxox
That's actually disgusting if you have to clean it.. Do they not have disposable ones??!

Yes but its really not bad, you get used to it. The whole point is that it's reusable :smile:

also want to know this. just stroll out the cubicle with a bloody cup, not embarrassing at all. what do you even put on the panties whilst the cup is out?!

Bottle of water, plus cup wipes. Tbh it can be used for TWELVE hours, I've only had to use a public bathroom once, and that was at work during a 13 hour shift.
Original post by Yidi Amin

I mean, I don't make threads talking about my wet dreams or my masturbation habits.

Masturbation is NOT the same as menstruation. Wet dreams, eh in the sense its involuntary but they aren't that close to be comparable enough.
Original post by PurplePixie96
Nope, and nope!

Yes but its really not bad, you get used to it. The whole point is that it's reusable :smile:

Bottle of water, plus cup wipes. Tbh it can be used for TWELVE hours, I've only had to use a public bathroom once, and that was at work during a 13 hour shift.

I feel sick. I'd be gagging at the smell if anything
I feel sick. I'd be gagging at the smell if anything

Hmm... Gotta say, you don't really smell it. I don't know why but pads always smell horrendous but the cup contents doesnt. But then again I'm not holding it close to my face XD
Hmm... Gotta say, you don't really smell it. I don't know why but pads always smell horrendous but the cup contents doesnt. But then again I'm not holding it close to my face XD

Wouldn't a cup be difficult to insert? It's a cup for crying out loud.
Masturbation is NOT the same as menstruation. Wet dreams, eh in the sense its involuntary but they aren't that close to be comparable enough.

Keep your 'cup' for you and your partner :yy:
Reply 51
Is it painful the first time you insert it? How do you take it out?
Wouldn't a cup be difficult to insert? It's a cup for crying out loud.

It's made of silicone so you fold it up and then insert then it sort of pops open and bob's your uncle, its all done!
:puke:
Keep your 'cup' for you and your partner :yy:

K.

Original post by rapmon
Is it painful the first time you insert it? How do you take it out?

Uhh it can be if you don't get your posture right but that's something you adjust and eventually get there. You take it out by pulling on the stem bit on the base, and then pinching the ridged part at the bottom when it's low enough in the vagina.

:wtf:

I said stop :angry:
Original post by cupcakes87
no **** sherlock

I see. Then why the hell wouldn't you be able to pee with it in?
cost effective?
:wtf:

I said stop :angry:

No. This is a thread I made in case anyone was curious about menstrual cups, you don't have to read or comment. Please feel free to go read a thread that you can actually cope with because obviously a process as natural as menstruation is something you cannot handle.

OP is an attention seeker, just like me :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest