The Student Room Group

CGP AS Biology has Units 1 & 2, A2 Biology has Unit 4 & 5 - where are units 3 & 6??

Hello

I have the CGP Edexcel Biology A-Level Complete Revision and Practice books. There are 2 books: AS and A2.

BUT, the AS book has units 1 & 2. The A2 book has units 4 & 5. Where are units 3 & 6?? Am I missing something? Do these book units correspond to the exams, or maybe they don't correspond to the Edexcel A-Level modules?

Any advice/assistance would be very appreciated!

EDIT: The Unit 3 and 6 exam papers seem to be an evaluation of practical skills. Is this why there are no Units 3 or 6 in the CGP books? They do have 6 pages in total on "How to interpret experiment and study data". Am I correct in understanding that the Unit 3 and 6 exams are where you show how you could use what you've learned in the rest of the modules in an experiment/study situation? And show how you can interpret that information?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by the81kid
Hello

I have the CGP Edexcel Biology A-Level Complete Revision and Practice books. There are 2 books: AS and A2.

BUT, the AS book has units 1 & 2. The A2 book has units 4 & 5. Where are units 3 & 6?? Am I missing something? Do these book units correspond to the exams, or maybe they don't correspond to the Edexcel A-Level modules?

Any advice/assistance would be very appreciated!

EDIT: The Unit 3 and 6 exam papers seem to be an evaluation of practical skills. Is this why there are no Units 3 or 6 in the CGP books? They do have 6 pages in total on "How to interpret experiment and study data". Am I correct in understanding that the Unit 3 and 6 exams are where you show how you could use what you've learned in the rest of the modules in an experiment/study situation? And show how you can interpret that information?

Unit 3 and 6 for most science a levels are the practical assessments :smile: So yes its how you go about an experiment and interpret data:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Unit 3 and 6 for most science a levels are the practical assessments :smile: So yes its how you go about an experiment and interpret data:smile:

Hello
Thanks for the reply. Are the core practicals for these exams (units 3 and 6)? Or to prepare, I just need to know all the rest of the biology a-level (units 1, 2, 4 and 5) and study the sections about how to "interpret experiment and study data"?

I have the Edexcel A2 (but not AS) Biology Revision Guide, and that also only has 6 pages(!) on the Unit 6 exams. The AS book only has 4 pages for the Unit 3 exams. This is all we need to prepare for those exams? (Of course, aside from learning the rest of the a-level biology material.)

(Sorry for all the questions, but I had a little panic last night when I could only find a few pages to prepare for these 2 exams!)
Hello
Thanks for the reply. Are the core practicals for these exams (units 3 and 6)? Or to prepare, I just need to know all the rest of the biology a-level (units 1, 2, 4 and 5) and study the sections about how to "interpret experiment and study data"?

I have the Edexcel A2 (but not AS) Biology Revision Guide, and that also only has 6 pages(!) on the Unit 6 exams. The AS book only has 4 pages for the Unit 3 exams. This is all we need to prepare for those exams? (Of course, aside from learning the rest of the a-level biology material.)

(Sorry for all the questions, but I had a little panic last night when I could only find a few pages to prepare for these 2 exams!)

I did a different exam board for my a levels but the practical was related to a topic we had studied in either unit 1 or 2 for AS, i think it was to do with enzymes so you had to know a little theory for it but most of the marks were to do with the experiment itself.
Reply 4
I did a different exam board for my a levels but the practical was related to a topic we had studied in either unit 1 or 2 for AS, i think it was to do with enzymes so you had to know a little theory for it but most of the marks were to do with the experiment itself.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep studying and reading up the few pages for the Unit 3 and 6 exams. Keep thinking I'm missing something though, since there are so few revision pages : /

Thanks again though!
Reply 5

By the way, I've found a good book (I think, it's by Hodder) specifically on the Units 3 and 6 exams by Edexcel. Still only has about 60 pages(!), but hopefully this should help me.

If anyone would like it, let me know!
By the way, I've found a good book (I think, it's by Hodder) specifically on the Units 3 and 6 exams by Edexcel. Still only has about 60 pages(!), but hopefully this should help me.

If anyone would like it, let me know!

send it to me please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending