The Student Room Group

I just can't fake it anymore

Scroll to see replies

What's lead to this :frown:?
I am in the same position. I can't even go out with my friends because of embarrasement. I have been failing my whole life. I was fired from my first job because i was clueless but got another job and I am doing really well on this part time job(aiming for the manager post). I failed my uni interviews/exams so i had to go through clearing and finally got into a uni at last. I was so happy and relieved. So I went to uni and after few months they kicked me out because I failed one assignment resubmission. My attendance was 100%. I know it was my fault but i think it was a bit unfair for kicking me out just for failing one essay because i know a lot of people who got a third chance. Now i don't know what i am doing with my life. I stay at home all day, hearing my parents swearing at me. They call me ****, idiot, embarrassment to the family, eating and wasting their money, compare me to other people, tell me it's better for me to die because my existence doesn't matter. I just don't know what to do with life, don't know what i want to do. In three years time, all my friends will be graduating but i don't want to be like this a loser. I am scared I will fail again if i go uni.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BWV1007
I'm so sorry that your parents are ******* unsupportive. Do you have close friends you can talk to? Are you taking meds? Have you been to therapy?

I can only really talk to my sister. I'm not on any meds or therapy. I don't get time to see the doctor and can't drive so have to ask my parents to drop me off anyway. I'm waiting until I can drive so I can do these things without sharing it with everyone.

Original post by trustmeimlying1
feel free to pm. Theres gotta be an answer.

Original post by Little Popcorns
What's lead to this ?

It just seems like everything. It's hard to pinpoint. I feel like my mums mentality of caring toomuch what people think ha affected me. I can't walk down the street thinking everyone is judging the way I look, walk, talk etc. It's destroyed my confidence and I just hate what I see in the mirror.

I feel like the lack of confidence has made me more miserable and so I struggle to do anything without overthinking.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I'm tired of pretending to be happy. But as a result I don't talk to people anymore and have grown distant with everyone.

I just wish I was the same optimistic 18 year old I used to be. I honestly don't see the point in living anymore. If I didn't have my religion or care about my family. I'd be dead long ago. I just want to be my old self again and get that social life I used to have. And not be constantly miserable.

Sorry about this OP - I know these feels too sadly
Original post by Anonymous
I can only really talk to my sister. I'm not on any meds or therapy. I don't get time to see the doctor and can't drive so have to ask my parents to drop me off anyway. I'm waiting until I can drive so I can do these things without sharing it with everyone.

It just seems like everything. It's hard to pinpoint. I feel like my mums mentality of caring toomuch what people think ha affected me. I can't walk down the street thinking everyone is judging the way I look, walk, talk etc. It's destroyed my confidence and I just hate what I see in the mirror.

I feel like the lack of confidence has made me more miserable and so I struggle to do anything without overthinking.

I know the feeling and in truth I havent really found the solution.

It takes sheer determination some spare time to think and a plan.
Message me if you do want someone to talk to. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest