The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Biology Unit 3 9th May 2016 Official Thread

Why does it seem like no one over here is giving the Edexcel Biology AS Unit 3 on the 9th of May?? I need someone to discuss with! I can see you, stop hiding. Let's ace this **** together!

Scroll to see replies

i dont evn know how to revise unit 3 -any advice learnt most of the practicals about it
Reply 2
Original post by hadzyster99
i dont evn know how to revise unit 3 -any advice learnt most of the practicals about it

I feel you, I'm in the same boat.
I think that the best way to deal with unit 3 is revising all the core practicals, solving loadsss and reviewing what you solved just so you know your mistakes. Also make sure you really understand what the command words mean in every question asked, in addition to thoroughly learning the format of writing the reference when asked.
Reply 3
same 9 of may :frown:
really worried
do guyx have notes or anything else for unit 2??
Original post by Loody Nagy
Why does it seem like no one over here is giving the Edexcel Biology AS Unit 3 on the 9th of May?? I need someone to discuss with! I can see you, stop hiding. Let's ace this **** together!

Hi! I moved this into the biology forum for you :h:
Reply 5
Original post by Roma-s
same 9 of may :frown:
really worried
do guyx have notes or anything else for unit 2??

This might help
Reply 6
Original post by Fox Corner
Hi! I moved this into the biology forum for you :h:

Thank you! :smile:
im sitting for the exam on 9th may too :frown:
Reply 8
mee too 9th of may
How do we control the following variables:
PH
Temperature
Humidity
and how does humidity affect the experiment?
AND
how to comment on the reliability of the data and how to make the data more reliable?
Thank you and good luck for all of you
Original post by bdoon esm
How do we control the following variables:
PH
Temperature
Humidity
and how does humidity affect the experiment?
AND
how to comment on the reliability of the data and how to make the data more reliable?
Thank you and good luck for all of you

pH: using a buffer
Temperature: using an incubator set to a certain temperature or waterbath
Humidity affects plants mostly (if they are involved in the experiment only). they reduce effect of transpiration, thus reducing water loss.

you comment on reliability by checking to see if they have given any error bars/SDs. if the SD is small reliability is high. And make sure the SDs do not overlap.

you can make the data more reliable by repeating the experiment.
Original post by Nethmioysters
pH: using a buffer
Temperature: using an incubator set to a certain temperature or waterbath
Humidity affects plants mostly (if they are involved in the experiment only). they reduce effect of transpiration, thus reducing water loss.

you comment on reliability by checking to see if they have given any error bars/SDs. if the SD is small reliability is high. And make sure the SDs do not overlap.

you can make the data more reliable by repeating the experiment.

Thank you very much and what about humidity
What can a buffer be?
(edited 7 years ago)
When to draw a bar chart and when to draw a scatter graph and a straight line graph?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
how do you control the concentration of a solution ?
btw i am in the same boat as you guys :frown:
Add the same mass of the substance to the same volume of solution or just use a standard solution.
Reply 15
Original post by nethmioysters
ph: Using a buffer
temperature: Using an incubator set to a certain temperature or waterbath
humidity affects plants mostly (if they are involved in the experiment only). They reduce effect of transpiration, thus reducing water loss.

You comment on reliability by checking to see if they have given any error bars/sds. If the sd is small reliability is high. And make sure the sds do not overlap.

You can make the data more reliable by repeating the experiment.

thank you!!
Original post by bdoon esm
Thank you very much and what about humidity
What can a buffer be?

A buffer could be anything soluble with a pH range of around 6 to 8.
As for controlling humidity; use of air conditioning or using a closed container is effective.
Original post by wenogk
thank you!!

No problem!
How do you increase the validity of an experiment and how does controlling variables increase reliability? 😦😦
Reply 19
Original post by wenogk
thank you!!

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending